Part three: copy cat

I can't drive and I have no one I can talk to. But I can run. Not daring to take my eyes off of this peculiar figure, I crawl to the passenger side. Violently shaking, I drag my hand through the thick hot air of my newly crashed car. My fingertips graze the shiny metal handle. I softly grasp it. A rush of adrenaline hits. I am ready. I swiftly open the door and fly out of the seat, not even bothering to shut it. I eagerly start sprinting in the other direction, away from the mysterious thing. I think I'm successfully getting away until I feel the bizarre vibe once again. I hear the quick footsteps of the beast and start to run even faster, desperate to get away. I'm heading for a house without any lights on which seems to only be about fifty feet away.
"V?" Something calls out into the night. It sounds just like Mom. I turn carefully. It's her! Oh she looks so worried. She must have tracked me on Life360 when she saw I wasn't home yet.
"Hi Mom!" I say, immediately relieved. But, I still feel the heavy, dark vibe. I try to ignore it until I notice the thing that terrifies me the most. Something I was dreading and something I don't want to think about. The smell. The decaying smell of an animal.
It's so dark, I can barely make out her face. But I still see the comforting features of her. Her round face, high cheekbones, black hair. But I can't see her green eyes. The green eyes she has are so brilliant. I look a little closer. Her eyes don't show any color. Everything seems to be black but the pupils. The pupils are shockingly red. I take one more step closer. The deer pelt is missing. I see what looks to be skin on the back of the figure's bumpy shoulders. My mom's skin.
"Mom?" I quietly call. "Is that really you?" I already knew the answer. This is not my mom. I take off but my legs are sore from my seven hour shift at Goodwill. My feet ache and my shoulders burn. Still, I push forward. I feel so weak.. I just want to go home. I just want to lay in my bed, listen to music and surf Pinterest. But no, here I am, running for my life. Running from something I couldn't explain to anyone without being called a liar. To my left, I hear the subtle wurr of motion and realize my fate. Will I be eaten? Tortured? Sacrificed? The creature whips around so that it's facing me. I stop suddenly. Tears gently rush down my blank face.