Chapter 5

HARRY

It didn't really set in, what had just happened, what he'd just done, until he was downstairs and the tea kettle was screaming.

He was still naked and the air around him was chilly against his skin, but he'd just felt the need to flee. Even if he knew that he hadn't hurt Louis, that he'd done the right thing, he still felt sick.

In the moments before, when he'd just been laughing with Louis and things had felt alright, he wasn't really thinking of this, wasn't really thinking about what he'd done. But it was impossible not to think about, then.

He'd just committed treason.

He'd committed a crime - one of the worst crimes - in the system that he'd grown up loving and respecting for keeping the world alive. But he just couldn't do it. Everything in his body had been revolting against the idea of fucking Louis, just as much as he couldn't bare the thought of it.

He'd known for too long that Louis hadn't been interested in having sex with him when their bonding period ended, and the idea had sprung to life in a sick sense of a last resort plan. He hadn't really thought that he was going to use it. He'd told himself it wasn't going to happen, that he and Louis would be fine, that everything would work out, somehow.

Nothing like this had ever been covered in his lessons and he'd never learned what he was supposed to do when someone like Louis was brought to him. He'd never learned how to navigate when an omega wasn't interested in having sex because he'd always been told that wasn't something to worry about. Omegas were always supposed to be interested. They always wanted to be fucked and bred. But he couldn't do it. Watching Louis' hands tremble and the tears that formed in his eyes, he'd felt sick.

The sickness hadn't gone away, even when he'd 'finished'.

A part of him - the biggest part - felt that he'd done what was right, even if he knew he could get in massive amounts of trouble for it. He really didn't even know how much - or what kind of - trouble he could run into if someone were to find out about what he did for Louis.

His heart hammered in his chest, but he tried to ignore it as he poured two glasses of the boiling water into the mugs. He zoned out for just a second before he felt the boiling water against the skin of his hand, just between his thumb and pointer finger where he'd been holding the cup. "Shit!" He shouted, setting the cup and turning cold tap water on to run over the burned skin.

"Harry - your stress levels are elevated. Do you need medical attention?" NOAs voice rang out through the bottom level of his house once again. He was so sick of that voice, but he knew he couldn't get rid of it. For the first time in his life, he just wanted to be left alone without any kind of intervention from anyone, or anything.

"No, no, I'm fine."

"Burn cream will be dispensed from your medication tube."

He just sighed.

His hand hurt, but the chill of the water against his skin made it feel just a bit better. He had no idea what was going to happen now, and he had even less of an idea of where he was supposed to go from there. Would Louis end up being alright with this, eventually? He had a feeling he could get away with this once or twice, but beyond that, they would have to go through with it - and he just wasn't willing to do that if Louis wasn't, either.

Would Louis turn him in if he had to give him up?

That was a thought that hadn't occurred to him until that moment. The fact that Louis could tell someone that they hadn't actually had sex and ALL would charge Harry for the crimes he'd committed.