PROLOGUE

Thomas tapped on the on icon and the device started working soundlessly. It was a device that took advantage of the reactiveness of uranium to filter and separate chemicals. It could derive oxygen from harmful carbon monoxide and even obtain sulphur from sulphur dioxide, very useful in filtering and life support systems.

Well another great victory for Thomas after a whole day of battling with it. He wiped sweat of his forehead and left his workshop. He took off his goggles and other protective gear and went for a shower. After cleaning up he went into his bright orange walled study.

Large windows adorned the walls and when you enter at first you just see bookshelves. Walking further in you see files, artworks, craft and the likes all neatly arranged and displayed as the case may be. At the end of the room was a large brown table. It was of nicely seasoned birch wood like all other furniture in this study.

Thomas sat down, opened a drawer and took out a large notebook and a laptop. He also turned on the desktop on the table. He first started tearing out pages from a smaller notebook he was using to record stuffs while working before and pasted them into the bigger notebook. He also wrote some observations, precautions, theories that he had made or came across in the course of the day. He compiled all research, invention and experimental work into the notebook. When he was done he compiled it to into his laptop modifying some stuffs, then finally sent the digital file to his desktop and a special hard drive. He kept the hard drive and notebook in the drawer and locked it.

He stood up took a large text book about uranium and started studying to get more ideas. Tomorrow he would go to the lab to test some things and find out more about this element.

That was pretty much the life of Thomas Walter. He was a professor who loved to invent, make research, compound theories and carry out experiments. He was a scientist and inventor at the same time. He also taught Chemical engineering and technology at the California Institute of Technology. He was well paid and his inventions and research work also earned him a few bucks.

Anytime he thought of his lifestyle he was reminded of the cheerful young lad that followed his colleague, Professor Williams around. His name was something with a T, right, Taylor Oyekunle; a bright African mind with a love for science and technology.

As he was studying he heard a noise coming from downstairs. He stood up and headed cautiously to the stairs. He heard movements of many objects. The sound got louder with each second. Time seemed to slow down. He climbed down the stairs carefully but what he saw downstairs shocked him.

A blue octagonal shape that looked like a portal was floating in the middle of his sitting room and numerous clocks, watches, alarms, time telling objects, even some gadgets like phones made a large twister around it in the ground floor. All other items were disappearing and reappearing and other strange looking clocks and hour glasses were appearing.

He didn't know what to do but the force of the twister only allowed him to move backwards. He tried to climb up the stairs but the stairs became a whole lot longer and no matter how fast he moved he was still on the same spot. Suddenly he was in his study. In fear that his house may be destroyed he dashed for his study table took out a backpack and put a bunch of large notebooks from his drawers into the bag including the one he was recording in before. He also kept his hard drive and laptop there. He put a strange looking flash drive into his desktop and he started for downstairs.

However after his first step he was already in front of the blue portal. He was shocked. He caught a watch and threw it into the portal to see what would happen but the watch appeared on his wrist. He wanted to run for the door but the portal started sucking him in. He fought hard to run away but the twister pulled him and the whole ground floor suddenly became a lot larger with more clocks and watches and he was being thrown upwards in a spiral manner in the twister.

As he was approaching the blue portal he heard tiny voices saying something but he couldn't make out what they were saying. Abruptly it became as if they all had one voice and was saying

"What is the age of time? Is it when it started or the time it reigns? Time is endless but is it abstract..."

This was what he heard last before there was a sudden calm and everything became black...

Author's note

Hey there readers, thanks for taking time out to read this book. I am convinced it's going to be an interesting journey for you into another universe. So help a buddy out by spreading the word, commenting (I am open to constructive criticism), corrections and voting. Take this story to the top if your really love it thanks.