Chapter 4

As expected, Liliana moves with worries.

"Oh, Brother!"

Liliana grabs onto Orchid in a crying voice and trembling lips.

"Am I really going to be caught like this? Brother must help me!"

Liliana may have been foolish, but that doesn't mean she didn't involve herself in a big problem.

"How can I stay in there and hold out? I might really die there."

Liliana, who becomes more frightened by Iris' explanation, pleads with Orchid.

"Brother, you're not going to abandon me, right?"

Orchid, who's been tired from overworking, clings onto Liliana without hesitation.

"No, Lily. There's no way I will let you do that. Don't you trust me?"

"Right, you won't, right?"

"Of course, I will take care of it well, so don't worry."

After he comforts Liliana, he turns toward Iris. His teeth grit together angrily.

"Iris, stop scaring Lily."

"I'll fix it."

"What?"

"You know already Brother, that I've been doing Liliana's work."

Orchid quietly looks down. He knows that unlike what Liliana has said, she has not done her job as a hostess of the house. The fact is, Iris has been the one doing all the work.

It's hard to pretend he doesn't know what's going on in the family's affairs.

However, he doesn't want to admit it. Maybe he couldn't bear to accept Liliana's dishonorable action or maybe he can't accept that that it's Iris who's been the one taking care of their household in the name of family.

Either way, it's not important nor does it matter.

Because they (her family) don't mean anything to her.

Iris then reaches a hand out to Orchid.

"If you give me a seal, I will go to the Imperial Palace and fix it."

"... ... ."

"Don't worry, Brother. Everything will be solved."

Bowing to them has always been the card Iris plays through out the years. She has always solved Liliana's problems as if nothing has happened.

Therefore, it must be the same this time too.

As if I haven't changed.

Orchid pauses for a moment, struggling with Iris' sweet proposal.

Perhaps because of his momentary pride, he doesn't want to accept Iris' words.

It would mean Iris' work will be credited to him.

The conclusion that he made is as expected. In the end, he chooses the convenient and familiar route that he has always chosen. When he looks at Iris with his ungainly eyes, he spits out. "...Will you really?"

"Yes, as always."

Orchid closes his lips.

The signet ring has been given to Liliana many times, but this is the first time that he'll give it to Iris.

"Iris."

With the eyes of disapproval, he says slowly, as if he's disciplining Iris.

"Do you know how important the family seal is? It should not be used rashly."