Chapter 7

Skilled knights are able to grasp the principles of their surroundings to some extent.

The same is true for Iris because she has trained for a long time, except she has not been able to deal with mana because she is not talented enough.

It would have been easier to grasp the situation if there's mana since it trains the body and makes the senses sharper.

At this moment however, the current Iris is enough.

I don't feel overwhelmed by the skillful knights around me.

I can leave right away.

Even if they know that the book on the Holy Sword has disappeared in the future, it will be even more difficult to identified Iris, who has naturally escaped.

Next, Iris notes the blurred letters of counterfeit bills.

Let's leave right away.

She feels oncoming movement so she puts the second book that is no longer needed back on the shelf.

She hides her trail by moving in a different direction than the crowd. She goes around for a bit, stand back as naturally as she could, and then exits.

In front of the bookshelf, there is no one left.

The space that's as empty as the disappeared book gradually becomes narrower before disappearing altogether.

As if nothing is stuck there from the beginning.

.

.

Imperial institutions are largely adjacent to each other.

The route from the library to the Imperial Palace Bank is very close.

There's enough justification to pay a visit to the Imperial Palace Bank at the same time.

It might seem suspicious if she visits the secret library without a reason and then go to the bank since it's too conveniently overlapped.

However, this does not apply to the current Iris because there is a reason to look around.

It's because of Liliana's case.

In addition, if she stops by to solve various tax collection problems, including the territory tax, it can be cleared up in a neat manner.

The staff greets Iris at the window.

"Welcome, Lady Iris Valentine. How may I help you?"

"I want to check Valentine's balance."

When Iris hands her seal, the employee nods after checking.

"I have finished checking the seal. We will guide you right away."

The staff leads Iris to the next aisle.

A red carpet covers only with dim light.

This is a secret vault room, contracted by high-ranking nobles.

Therefore, it's maintained by a thorough security state so that only one person can use it at any time.

The door also has several keys, not just one.

When the staff turns a few keys and hits it, the iron door, which has been firmly closed, begins opening slowly.

Inside of the iron gate, there's more lighting than the corridor.

"I'll wait here until the business is over. If you need me, just tap."

"Alright."

Usually, when nobles check the safe, it's very rude for others to watch.