1

"And I can still smell her perfume."

"Did it rub off on you?"

"It’s 3:45. Your taxi's not arrived."

"I don’t think that he’s coming."

I struck the final chord on my guitar simultaneously with Wilbur's.

"Great job guys, you can get going," Wilbur said. He looked over at me, "Oh, actually, Y/N, can you stay for a moment? I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure!" I set down my guitar as the other Lovejoy members left the room.

"So, what's up?" I asked, uncapping my water bottle.

Wilbur did the same, "I was wondering if you're free tomorrow? I kinda wanted to work on more lyrics for the EP." He said.

"Oh, I'm actually free today and tomorrow, so if you just wanted to get it done today, we could go to the cafe down the street?"

Wilbur thought for a moment, "Ah, I actually can't today. I told chat I would stream after rehearsal today." He looked down at his watch, "And I'm actually scheduled to start in 20 minutes. Shit, I gotta get going to my studio. I'll message you the details after my stream ends." He got up quickly to gather his things.

I nodded my head, "Alright, drive safe, Wil. I'll see you tomorrow."

...

I live close to our studio. I usually just walk to and from our rehearsals. It was about 9pm when I'd left, and the air was crisp and cold. Perfect walking weather.

I started thinking about Lovejoy, our band. There's Ash, our bass guitarist, Joe, the other guitarist, Mark, who does percussion and drums, and there's me and Wilbur, the lead singers and... also guitarists.

We're quite the fun bunch.

Wilbur and I get together frequently to work on songwriting.

Though, when we hang out, it's more like a date than a "work meeting."

Wilbur and I are both Twitch streamers, as well. We have around the same amount of people in our fanbases, and since we've worked together since even before the 'Are You Alright?' EP, we're usually found together in our streams, fanart, edits, and just in general.

...

I unlocked my front door and flicked on the lights. My flat was on the second floor of the complex, and I lived there with my roommate Alex.

Alex works at the local Hot Topic and judging from the fact that the lights were off, I guess they aren't home yet.

I walked into my room and set my guitar by the desk, where my computer setup was.

"I'm actually scheduled to start in 20 minutes." Wilbur had said. His stream should be starting soon.

I started up my computer and went to his stream, which had just started up.

I sat and waited as Your New Boyfriend played in the background of my thoughts.

"'Cause you're beauty, and you're grace..." I sang along.

...

Wilbur was doing a Just Chatting stream. He'd talked about how the EP was going (vaguely) and was now asking his chat if they had any questions — about him, Lovejoy, or the Dream SMP.

The chat rolled by quickly. You could barely see what anyone was saying before the message went away.

"'How long is the EP?' We're planning for it to be longer than 'Are You Alright?' — and that's as specific as I'll get since even we don't know how many songs we're making yet." He searched chat for a second.

"'Any girls you like?' Chat..." He sighed and inhaled slowly, "I suppose... there is someone I like?" He admitted.

Oh ho? Go off, Wil. They must be a lucky person.

Names started running through the chat at a rapid rate.

"Niki?" "Shubble?" "Quackity?"

Wilbur laughed, "No, no, chat, it- it's not Quackity. It's not Niki or Shubble either." He exhaled a laugh.

My streamer name started popping up in chat everywhere.

"Y/N?" Wilbur stared into the camera for a moment, "Any other questions before I end the stream for tonight?" The chat kept spamming my name, "No? Alright, then I will see you all in the next stream." He finished before the stream cut off.

I just stared at my computer screen as the chat slowed down.

Alright, then.

..............

697 words
A/N - lawl hi I'm making another fanfic. running out of creativity so I gotta take a break from What If 😭😭. Anyway lol hi bye. Hydrate rn.