4

"And the consequence of your desperation is the people on the night bus have to listen to you." Alex read monotonously.

"Mhm, yeah, like that, but with a little bit of life." I took a sip of my morning tea, "What do you think?"

"Is the singer an ass?"

"They're drunk."

"These lyrics are great." They set the papers on the table, "I'm really excited to hear the end product." They said, smiling.

"I'm glad you like it, Al." I smiled in return, going back to my drink.

Then my phone started ringing.

I set down my cup and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Y/N!!!" Tommy screamed in my ear, "Y/N, my good friend, my pal, my best buddy-"

I sighed, "What did you do?"

Tommy hesitated, "I'm doing a vlog today at a watercourse, right? And we're supposed to wear these, like, full-body swimsuits that you have to rent."

"...Okay."

"No, shh, I'm not done talking. So, like, it's supposed to be me, Gogy, and Wil, right? But I played a little prank on Wil, and I was wondering if you wanted to be in the vlog to make sure he doesn't kill me." I could hear muffled laughter in the background.

I stood silently for a minute, then looked at Alex. "What happened?" They mouthed.

I shook my head, "What did you do?"

"Nothing bad! I promise-!"

"Then why do you think he's gonna kill you?!"

"Well, it's... it's because..." He mumbled the rest.

I rubbed my forehead, "Speak up, Tommy. I can't hear you."

"I told him we were going to, like, some fancy dinner thing! I told him to wear a suit!"

I snorted.

"You're asking me to be a part of your vlog because you don't want Wil to kill you?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

Alex looked extremely confused.

"...Yeah. George, be quiet." I could hear the laughter more clearly now.

I exhaled a small laugh, "Yeah, alright then. I'll be there. Just text me the address and what time I should get there. Make sure Wilbur gets there after me, though." I said before hanging up and setting my phone back on the table.

"...What happened?" Alex asked.

I explained the phone call to them.

They just sat there for a moment, "So, you're gonna see Wilbur in a suit?"

"...Yes."

"Ooh, good for you." They winked.

...

Tommy pointed, "There he is!" I looked to where he was pointing. It was Wilbur. In a suit.

Lol, Wilbur Suit. Get it? Because that's how some people pronounce his name. The incorrect way.

"I thought we were going out to dinner! What's this about, now?!" Wilbur said as he walked up to us. "...And I didn't know Y/N would be here. You said it would just be me, you, and George."

"Aww, what, you didn't want to see me? I'm hurt." I mocked.

"Yeah, change of plans! Also, we only have swimwear for the three of us," He motioned to George and me, "So you'll have to wear that."

Wilbur looked embarrassed. "Oh, don't worry, Wil." I said, "I think you look rather dapper innit on this chewsday morning." I mocked literally every American ever (guys, please, I'm not British, but you sound stupid).

"Y/N, don't pretend to be American." He whined.

...

The four of us went around the watercourse and filmed stuff for Tommy's video.

George and I fell a lot.

"Alright, I've got an idea," Wilbur announced.

We all looked up at him because he's so damn tall.

"Okay, how about this? Tommy and George against me and Y/N. Whichever team gets to that obstacle first," He pointed to a far-off obstacle, "gets to throw the other team into the water."

"Okay." We all agreed.

We got ready to run, and on Wilbur's count, we took off.

Wilbur and I were running at about the same speed, and, miraculously, I had yet to slip. Can't say the same about George, though.

"George! Stop falling! What the fuck!?" Tommy yelled, jumping over obstacles.

"We're almost there, Y/N!" Wilbur said.

I looked up at him. Although he looked silly wearing a suit at a watercourse, he looked rather handsome. His hair was dark and wet from the other two pushing him off the obstacle course. His head turned to look at me as we continued running.

His eyes are considerably beautiful as well.

I'd been too busy admiring Wilbur's features. My feet slipped, and I started falling.

I closed my eyes, expecting to hit the water, but when I didn't, I opened my eyes and realized there was an arm around my waist, keeping me from falling.

Wilbur.

He just stared into my eyes, not letting go.

"Don't get clumsy now. We're almost to-"

"YES! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!" Tommy yelled.

Wilbur pulled me up onto my feet and let go of my waist.

"Woo! Tommy!" George yelled, running towards him and falling on his ass again.

"Shut up, George! You're no help at all!"

...

Wilbur and I were thrown into the water and thus ended our time at the watercourse.

As we exited the course, I walked next to Wilbur.

"Sorry, I messed up at the very end." I looked up at him.

He looked down at me for a moment before looking back up, "Y/N, you don't have to apologize. It was all just a bit of fun, anyways. And we were already wet from falling in before, so it's not like I'm mad that I got my suit soaked."

Tommy squeezed in between us, "Yeah, but you still lost. And I won! No thanks to George, over here." George scoffed.

"Yeah, no shit, could you tell us something new?" Wilbur said.

"Ooh, I like that one. It's going in one of our songs."

Wilbur laughed slightly, "Are you just constantly thinking about possible lyrics?"

"No, but you are my main source of inspiration, so it's essentially just when I'm around you." I smiled.

..........

993 words.