01

My name is Yachi Hitoka. I'm a normal highschool girl, except...

For the fact that I sit next to the most popular and most beautiful boy in the school!?

And right now, he just dropped his eraser. What should I do?! Should I give it to him? What if one of his fans try to kill me?

At the speed of light, I pick it up. No one saw that, right?

Gulp.

I put it on his desk just as fast as I had picked it up, looking away.

I did it! I did it! I put the eraser on his desk! I hope it's not a bother. Praying to the gods inside of me, I hope that no one saw. I'm too young to die!

He looks towards me. Uh oh. What if he calls his stans on me?! I flinch, fiddling with my hands. Why is he glaring at me? Did I forget to wash my hands?

Gulp, part two. How could giving an eraser be so scary?

I hear a small sound, it sounds so... so...

Angelic.

What the hell?! Have I been blessed? Oh my, I could die here right on the spot and I would have no regrets, this is just absolutely crazy-

"A...Ah.", he nervously looks away.

"Huh?", that made me feel embarrassed. I look away too. What does "ah" mean?!

(Note: In this, I'm actually trying to show "thank you" in Japanese.)

"Th..", stopping himself, he wrote in his notebook. Lifting it, he pointed, "Thank you".

Uwah- what? My feminine pride has just been ruined. His handwriting is so neat! Wait, that's not the point.

I smile, "No problem!"

He turns his head, smiling a little. He has such a perfect smile. Has an angel just appeared out of nowhere? I don't need anything. I can live happy.

Drawing this beautiful moment of my life, I ended up drawing Komi-san smiling. My face flushes, and I erase at top speed. Praying he didn't see it.

-

Class was finished, yet I had fallen asleep.

"...", something I couldn't hear well, and following that I heard a soft "nyan".

"Huh?!" I shot up, making direct eye contact with Komi-san, "Gym is next! I need to pack up!"

Wait, wait. Before gym, what did I hear again? Nyan?

Hold on.

Nyan?

Silence was shared, and Komi-san ran out the door. I wanted to say something, so I just-

"Komi-san, are you bad at communicating?!" Why did I scream that? Oh my god, this is so humiliating. Sweat drops every 0.1 seconds appeared on my face, "Ah- Komi-san! It's not like that, I'm sure you have your reasons there's nothing wrong with-"

He looked surprised. Avoiding eye contact, "N-"

Vibrating like a malfunctioning telephone, "N-N-N-N-N-"

"Komi-san?! Ah, uh, erm, um!-" Nervously, I look at the board. That's it! We can communicate through there. "U-Um, Komi-san, if you'd like, maybe we could communicate through the board?"

He perks up like a cat, and quickly walks to the board, writing "how did you know I couldn't communicate?"

"Because, um, you looked really nervous when talking! Like, when I gave you your eraser! Wait! I don't mean that to be offensive I just-"

He writes, "It's okay."

"Has no one been able to tell?"

Nodding his head no, he continues to write, "Only a childhood friend. But Mama told him."

Oh, so he's the kind of person who calls his parents Mama and Papa, huh? Ah, that's so cute.

"Childhood... friend?"

"He goes to Aoba Johsai."

"I see."

So, uh, what do we do now? I look away. I can feel the panic from Komi-san.

"Um, what is your name?"

"I'm Yachi Hitoka..!"

"Nice to meet you, Yachi-san. Please feel free to call me anything you'd like."

"Ah, um... okay!"

And that is the beginning of how my normal highschool life changed.