03

When a person has extreme social anxiety, they struggle to communicate with others.

Bear in mind, they only struggle to form connections. It doesn't mean that they don't want to.

-

Good morning! I, Yachi Hitoka, age 15, have accidentally declared that I would help a "pretty boy" make 100 friends.

What am I doing? I can't help him make 100 friends! I can barely make five, myself.

I sigh and lay my head down on the desk. I feel like a heroine of a shoujo manga. How should I break this to Komi-san...?

The door opens and Komi-san walks in. He looks as beautiful as always. His stunning and silky raven hair, that looks styled even though it's clearly natural. His fair skin that looks softer and clearer than an archangel's, and his neatly put-on uniform.

"Gooh morning, Komi-shan..." I muffle my words as I shove my face onto the table.

"G, Good... morning."

His speaking has improved a lot. I feel like a proud mom. I didn't even do anything, though..

The bell rings, and people get out from their desks to talk to their friends. Finally lunch time!

I glance at Komi-san nervously. I want to ask if I can eat with him. Is that too bold?! Will I make a fool of myself..? Are we not close enough for that?

I push away my doubts and blurt out, "Um! Komi-san, could I.. uh, eat lunch with you?"

His eyes widen and his cheeks turn slightly read. Wow, he looks cute flustered...

Wait, that's not the point!

He nods nervously and quickly. I think I'm going to devote my life to this angel.

"T, Thank you!"

"It's no problem. I wanted to ask that, too."

The Komi-san, wanting to eat lunch, with me?! Oh my god, I'm so blessed. I can die happy.

"Oh, well- um, it turned out great then!"

He smiles slightly and makes a gesture so that I can sit in the chair in front of him.

I follow so, and sit there facing him with my bento. Speaking of bentos, his wrap is really cute. It's an ivory shade in color, with tiny pink pigs as a pattern.

I open my bento and he does the same. We stare at each other and slightly laugh at how stiff we're being—I think—then clap our hands.

"I'll enjoy this meal!" (A phrase Japanese use before eating to show their gratefulness for the meal—"Itadakimasu".)

"I'll en, enjoy this meal."

We begin eating. Today I packed myself onigiri, karaage, broccoli, and tamagoyaki!

Komi-san has omurice and a few side vegetables. Maybe I'll try that some time?

A few minutes pass of just us sitting awkwardly.

Should I say something? I definitely should... I'll let him know now that I can't help him make 100 friends, maybe. I hope his fangirls and fanboys don't come after me for lying to him...

"Um, Komi-san—"

"Yachi-san! A third year upperclassman named 'Kiyoko Shimizu' is looking for you."

Kiyoko.. Kiyoko Shimizu?

Wait, the pretty upperclassman who told me to join the volleyball team as a manager?!

"Oh, um.. I'll be back, Komi-san!", I bow slightly and run quickly so she won't feel like I'm purposely making her wait.

"Ah.." was the last thing I heard before I ran. I feel so bad for leaving in a hurry, but I had no choice...

I'll continue talking to him once I get back, I swear!

Sorry for the short chapter. I've been trying my best to write drafts, but I'm not very into HQ!! anymore. In the future, I'll likely quit writing. Thank you for your support, and I'll see you in the next update.