02

When a person has extreme social anxiety, they struggle to communicate with others.

Bear in mind, they only struggle to form connections. It doesn't mean that they don't want to.

-

Hi again. I'm Yachi Hitoka, a completely normal and studious highschool girl at Karasuno highschool.

Except for the fact that I am currently walking to school with the most beautiful boy in our class, Komi (Y/N).

I should probably say something.

What should I say? Komi-san is so pretty...

"Ah, um, Komi-san, what did you have for breakfast?"

Wait, he can't even write. I'm such an idiot!-

"Uh, um, I mean- you don't have to respond or anything, I just-"

His cheeks turn red. Is it embarrassment? I hear a small mutter, and he turns around, covering his face with his hands.

I can see air puffing on top of his head. Ahh, he's so cute!?

We continue walking, and Komi-san doesn't look anywhere but the floor. I think I made him mad.

Gulp.

Praying that we arrive at school soon, I close my eyes and keep walking.

"Ya, Yachi...sa..", he panics and signals things with his hands before taking out his notebook to write.

"Thank you for walking to school with me. I never walked with a friend to school..." He draws a happy cat after.

Hold on, he considers me as a friend?

Now it's my turn to get embarrassed. I blush and yell-shout, "Komi-san! Do you have a wish?"

"A wish?"

That was such a random question to ask! Oh my god, just how stupid can you get, Yachi Hitoka?!

"Y, yeah."

"I want to make 100 friends."

"Well, um, since I'm your first friend, maybe I can help you find 99 more!"

He looks surprised and smiles gently. God, this man is so angelic it hurts me.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it, Yachi-san."

"It's, it's nothing at all! I'll see you at lunch!", and then I proceed to put my shoes in my shoe locker and run away.

~

I'm so excited.

I made a friend!

And she's going to help me make 99 more. I'm going to have a lot of friends!!

"It's, it's nothing at all! I'll see you at lunch!"

Yachi-san puts her shoes away and waves bye before running to class.

Hehe, I have a friend~. Yachi-san is so nice. I wonder how she will help me make 99 more friends?

Well, it doesn't matter. I'll be happy even if I just make 2, or even 3 friends.