Chapter 1

He keeps looking at me from across the classroom as if I'm a ghost. He's staring at me with those deep blue eyes. I almost drowned in those eyes when I saw them for the very first time. We were never really close until this last school year started.

Some would call what we have "a flirtationship", since we're not actually dating but we flirt on a daily base.

I feel kind of akward, his eyes are pinching holes in my back and I can feel his judgement. I wonder what he's thinking everytime he looks at me like this.

The bell saves me from his glances and I can't keep myself from hurrying out of the classroom.

"McKayla, you were out so quickly, are you alright?" I turn around and see Amy's worried face. "I'm fine, I just really had to go to the bathroom." She looks at me in disbelief, but I couldn't care less about what she thinks.

I take my books out of my locker and go to my friends. Of course, Ryan is standing there just like every other day. I'm avoiding all forms of contact with him, but no matter how hard I try, we always seem to have eye contact. The second I see his eyes looking at mine, I turn down my face.

We're walking to the next class and he pushes me aside saying "watch it, you might fall". He winks at me and I tell him he's an ass. He knows I don't mean that, I actually quite like him. That's not very usual for me, since I normally hate everyone that comes near me.

I have been feeling this extreme tension since the first week of school. I haven't stopped wondering why it's only happening now. Things were never like this last year, what changed?