Chapter 1

"You don't need to come with me, Sonic. It's just a little test flight. Just to give my baby some exercise and make sure everything is working at 100%. I'll be fine," Tails told his blue hedgehog brother from the cockpit of his plane.

Sonic looked at him with slight worry. "I know. And you know I trust you completely. I just have a bad feeling today. Egghead has been quiet lately. And when he's quiet for too long, you know how I get," He responded to his young genius fox friend.

"It's just going to be like 10 minutes, Sonic. Relax. Enjoy this peaceful time while it lasts. We all know Eggman can never beat you. Not unless he actually got smart like he claims he is." Tails replied, putting goggles on and getting ready to take off.

"Ok. Ok. See you soon buddy," Sonic said with a small smile. He waved as Tails started up the plane and took off. He watched as Tails left until he couldn't see the plane anymore. Then he gave a sigh and returned to his home.

"Hmm. Maybe some tv will help me relax," Sonic commented out loud to himself.

But unknown to Sonic, an Eggman Spybot was watching him. Eggman was waiting for this moment. From his place, he grinned evilly as he thought of his newest plan. He waited a few moments, just until Sonic was nice and comfortable. Sonic's show was right in the middle of a scene when Eggman pushed a button.

Sonic's tv suddenly became static. He was confused at first, but it quickly changed to showing an Eggman cell. And Tails was inside it! Sonic gasped and jumped up from his seat on the couch.

"Sonic! Help! Eggman's got me! A whole fleet of ships surrounded me and shot me down!" Tails exclaimed, holding onto the bars of the cell.

"Tails! I'll be right there buddy! I knew something bad was going to happen!" Sonic yelled out and was about to run off. But he paused for one second as Eggman quickly got a word in.

"Oh, do hurry, Sonic. You wouldn't want me doing anything bad to your little buddy. Now, do you? And no tricks. No emeralds. No super forms. No friends. Just you. I'm waiting." Eggman said threateningly.

Sonic glared at the screen and then ran off with his super speed. He recognized the cell and knew exactly which base Tails was being held in. He arrived in under a minute. He was hiding at first from any robot guards. But then he stopped when he saw there was none.

Sonic was suspicious as he entered the base easily. Much too easily. The door was open and there were no robots wandering around at all. It was as if Eggman wanted him to rescue Tails.

"I smell a trap!" Sonic exclaimed as he walked down the hall. He then sniffed the air. "And... pineapples?" he questioned in confusion.

But he shrugged it off and quickly found the holding cell. Sonic breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Tails was ok. Eggman wasn't in the room, so Sonic carefully walked in. Once he knew Eggman or any robot wasn't going to jump out and attack him, he ran over to the cell.

"Tails! Buddy! I'm so glad you're ok! I knew I should have gone with you!" he said, giving Tails an 'I told you so' look.

"I know. I'm sorry Sonic. I swear you will be with me on every trip no matter what from now on!" Tails promised.

"Good. Now let's get you out of here. Stand back," Sonic told him. Tails did as he said. Then Sonic revved up into a ball and hit the cell door. He blasted right through it and into the room, then he uncurled and stood back up.

"Tails!" He called in relief and he ran to hug Tails. Tails had his arms open, ready for the hug. But when Sonic hugged him, he went right through Tails. Tails seemed to glitch as Sonic went through and landed on the ground.

Sonic got up and turned around. His eyes were wide, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, heartbeat racing, and mouth slightly open as he looked at Tails.

"Tails?" Sonic asked, hoping to not hear what he thought was going on.

A thick glass wall then slammed down on the other side of the bars, trapping the blue blur in. Eggman walked in with a pure evil smile on his face. He held his hands behind his back and walked up to the glass, looking directly at Sonic.

Sonic glared and saw red for a moment. He ran up to the glass and pressed his hands against it, in between a couple of bars. He gritted his teeth and gave a growl as he glared at Eggman.

"WHERE IS HE!?" He yelled, shaking slightly in his anger.

Eggman leaned his head down slightly to look him in the eye. "In his plane in the sky some miles away from here. I lured you here with my brand new hologram technology. I spent many nights perfecting the look and voice. It took forever to get a synthesized voice perfected like this," Eggman explained.

He then pressed a button on a little remote and the Tails hologram disappeared from within the cell and reappeared right next to Eggman.

"I can make him say whatever I want him to. Isn't that right my creation?" Eggman explained and then asked the hologram.

"It sure is Dr. Eggman! You're so smart!" The Tails hologram praised. Eggman gave a wave of his hand.

"Oh stop. You're such a flatterer." He said. Sonic grit his teeth harder and growled again. The hologram then disappeared for good.

"How do I know you really don't have him!? And what are you planning!? This cell isn't going to hold me! My friends will realize I'm gone and come help me!" Sonic questioned and yelled.

"Maybe. But not in time. This room is special, Sonic. You see, I've gone over all of my failed attempts at defeating you. And I've learned from them. I almost won before. Now I'm sure you'll remember this little trap." Eggman replied.

He pressed the button again and something raised up from the floor of the cell. Sonic turned his head to look at it. It was the electrocuting trap Eggman used on his super form. The trap that drained the energy of the Chaos Emeralds and turned him into a werehog. But it was a little different now. There was a bigger conductor at one of the points. Inside of that one... was the Phantom Ruby.

Sonic's eyes went wide as he saw it. He slowly turned his head back to Eggman. Sonic had his mouth slightly open as if wanting to say something, but Eggman pressed that button before he could. Sonic could hear his heartbeat as he heard the device start.

Sonic banged on the glass repeatedly and very hard with his fist, but it only caused an echoing thud sound to fill the room with the device's noise. "I can't break this. I can't break this!" Sonic yelled as he panicked. "NO!" is all he could yell out before the electricity shot him.

Sonic yelled out in pain as the electricity pulled him to the middle of the room. He could feel the pain to his very atoms it seemed. He felt like he was being twisted all around inside and out. Ripped apart and put back together. He couldn't breathe, all he could do was scream and twitch. He could hear Eggman's low, quiet, evil chuckle.

"No. Tails. I should have gone with you. If I did, I would know you were ok. I wouldn't have walked into this trap. I can't lose to Eggman. I never lose! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog! I'm a hero. And this is supposed to be the time someone busts in and helps me. Then I get out and beat up Eggman. So then why isn't it happening yet? I... I can't feel my legs. Oh god... I can't feel my legs!" Sonic thought.

Sonic managed to open his eyes and look down at himself. His shoes and legs were slowly turning shiny and hard. They were becoming pure metal. Sonic's eyes widened more as he realized what was happening. He slowly turned his gaze to Eggman's pure evil smiling face. Eggman... was turning him into a robot.

Sonic the Hedgehog, the hero of the world, the fastest thing alive... was being roboticized, getting turned into a robot slave, obedient to Eggman and Eggman alone.

The blue hero gasped as he felt his chest starting to turn. He shut his eyes tightly. And with one final scream of agony, fell silent. Eggman laughed in victory as he saw his hated nemesis finally lose.