four

Trixie Espinoza's life changed when her mum became partners with the devil when she was seven. Trixie has always been different from everyone around her. She would tell her friends that she could see things in the shadows, shapes and movement. Nobody believed her, and her parents put her in therapy when she was Five. After that, she stopped talking about them, but she never stopped seeing them, seeing the ghosts and demons, but they never touched her, so she had no reason to be afraid of them, especially when they began protecting her from the things that tried to hurt her.

When she first met Lucifer, she asked her mother why he seemed so sad. Chloe didn't see what Trixie did, never had, and had dismissed her daughter's worries. When she met Maze, the demon immediately knew what Trixie could see and started to protect her, teach her to fight, to conceal weapons and to fight back. She loved her best friends, a demon and the devil. As the years passed, Trixie got older and wiser, and she watched her mother fall in love with Lucifer.

One night, just before Trixie's 10th birthday, around the time Lucifer and Chloe finally got their shit together and started dating, Trixie was sleeping over at Lucifer's with her mum after a movie night. Trixie had woken up with a cry of fear, her nightmares filled with the shadows trying to hurt her, and she was alone without anyone to help her. Chloe had slept through it, but Lucifer, a light sleeper, had heard the broken off cry followed by the patter of her small feet from the guest room to the bathroom. It wasn't until he heard her open up the cupboard that had the first aid kit in that he got up and went to find her.