15.

the truth

Sage stood next to Seamus and Dean, everyone was gathered in the great hall, even the other two schools. "Today we acknowledge... a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exceptionally hardworking, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend," Dumbledore said, Sage let a few tears drop from her eyes, she wiped them quickly, "Now I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory! Now the pain, we all feel this dreadful loss, reminds me... and reminds us... that we may come from different places and speak different languages our hearts beat as one,"

"Oh god," Sage mumbled, crying silently.

"In light of recent events the bonds of friendships we've made this year, will be more important than ever. Remember that, Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, until the very end," Dumbledore acknowledged.

They raised their wands and sobs could be heard from people, Sage on of them. Cedric Diggory may have been dead, gone forever, but his spirit still lived on at Hogwarts. Sage hadn't realized the impact Cedric had made on her until he was gone. Dumbledore concluded his speech and people started comforting each other.

Dean and Seamus tried to comfort Sage but she was too distracted on getting over to Draco who hugged her once he saw her.

"Sage..." he said quietly, it seemed Draco was upset at the turn of events as well, he didn't know Cedric to her acknowledge.

Sage just hugged him tightly, not giving a care in the world. Draco stood there before hugging her back. Suddenly the Lupin girl pulled away "Cho," she mumbled and looked around the room. "Shit,"

Sage looked at Draco, before rushing over to the Ravenclaw girl and hugging her. Cho was sobbing heavily, more than anyone else around her, so Sage stayed there hugging her until Cho finally pulled away.

The next afternoon.

Sage sat in the car with her father as he drove her home, Sage hadn't said a word to her father since the whole Barty situation. "Can I please have the truth?" Sage asked.

Remus sighed and kept looking at the road "Look there's a reason I didn't tell you," Remus explained handing her a picture.

Sage took the picture and she looked at it she recognized 2 people, Lily Potter, and her father. But there were two other girls she recognize but couldn't remember the name. "Who are those people?" She asked, pointing to the two girls. One had dark hair and dark skin and the other had light skin and curly blonde hair, she looked like Sage exception that she had curlier hair.

"The dark-haired one is Mary McDonald, the blonde one is Marlene McKinnon, I went to school with both of them. They were Lily's best friends," Remus explained.

Sage had studied the picture and realized something about Marlene "Her necklace," Sage said slowly, grabbing the one she had gotten for Christmas. "It's just like-"

"Yours?" Remus finished which made Sage nod, "Marlene got pregnant with you a right before Lily found out she was pregnant with Harry, you were born on May 2nd of 1980 and Harry a few months later. Your father, Barty was nowhere to be seen by any of us after Marlene told him she was pregnant, he was a year younger than us and Marlene kept it hidden. Marlene was killed, her whole family was, the next year on April 23rd, 1981 just shy of your first Birthday. Sirius was assigned your godfather but he was still recovering from his brothers' death that had happened a year or so. I took you in, I did what Marlene wanted, took you over to the Potter's often," Remus was on the verge of tears, he rarely opened up about his friends from school.

Sage had realized how many of her father's school friends were actually gone, dead. "Dad..." Sage said softly.

Remus shook his head, "Until they died, I took you over for some Halloween stuff we had planned, the door was wide open. When I walked inside James was dead on the floor, I immediately signaled Dumbledore and went upstairs to find Lily dead as well. But Harry, Harry was alive, I tried and tried to convince Dumbledore to let me take him in, but he insisted on Harry going to the Dursleys. I was lucky enough to have you. Sirius would have you now, if he wasn't blamed for the death of the Potter's,"

Sage sighed "So Marlene is my mother? And then... Barty is my father?" Sage questioned and Remus nodded as he pulled into the driveway of their home.

Sage hopped out of the car and got her bags from the back and walked inside. Sirius was sitting at the table and she smiled at him "Hey Sirius," she said.

Sirius looked up, "Hello," he greeted. Sage took her stuff upstairs leaving Remus and Sirius downstairs. She put her bags in her room and started unpacking her things.

A/N:Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, I'm not gonna write the summer break and start the fifth year next! Stay tuned!

A/N:
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, I'm not gonna write the summer break and start the fifth year next! Stay tuned!