3

The dinner came to an end around an hour after the big announcement and after we ate dessert, and everyone transfered to the lounge area to continue the conversations. My mum, aunt Jillian and I were the only exceptions who stayed behind to clean up the dining table.

I helped them gather all the plates, threw all the leftovers and stacked the plates near the sink where mum had already begun washing the dishes. Aunt Jillian was standing close to her, packing the other leftovers that were edible in transparent containers and putting them into the fridge while laughing at something mum had said.

"No, no, that was the summer four years ago when you came to Australia, remember? When Chris was still very small and puked all over Bondi beach?" she said when I walked in with the last four plates and mum's laugh was instant as she nodded.

"I remember now. Oh, that was embarrassing. And Andrew got the same flu and couldn't get out of the hotel room in fear of being away from the toilet," mum added and aunt Jillian joined her in the laughter. When they saw me, still holding her grin, mum continued talking."But in all that chaos and failed summer, Willa managed to get her first kiss," she wiggled her eyebrows at aunt Jillian, who turned to look at me in remembrance.

"That's right," she giggled. "He was one of Erica's friends, right? The tall, blond surfer boy?"

I chuckled, remembering Brodi and that summer, and nodded. "Yeah, Brodi. We still follow each other on Instagram. He's married now to some Instagram model or blogger, I think,"
I added and chuckled some more.

He was two years older than me and Erica and I remembered having the biggest crush on him those two weeks we were there. On our last night, Erica had told him I liked him and when we were out on the beach like almost every night we did when we were in Sydney, he kissed me. I flew home with the biggest smile on my face, even when Chris puked on me, I still smiled. After that, we kept contact for the remainder of the year, but then our talking kinda died down over time.

Mum and aunt Jillian hummed in surprise at his fate, but kept doing the dishes and the packing. "He was so polite when he walked her back to the hotel that night." mum stopped for a second to let herself remember correctly, then continued scrubbing the white plate.

"Who was polite?" Lazzaro's soft and light voice came from behind me before I felt his arms around my waist.

Aunt Jillian put the last container in the fridge, and answered him. "Willa's first kiss," she giggle again together with mum, but I rolled my eyes. They were acting like teenagers.

"Oh, really?" he said, amused and intrigued, and placed a quick kiss on the side of my neck. Mum answered just as a shiver shot down my spine from his kiss.

"Yes, but if we're being honest I like you more," she turned around and winked at him then smiled at me. Lazz chuckled at how smooth she thought she was being.

"Well, I hope that's true because I wanted to steal Willa from you," he smiled sweetly and earned a laugh from mum who gave all her attention now to the few remaining dishes. She flicked her wrist and dismissed us, saying she and aunt Jillian had the kitchen under control. Lazz led me from the kitchen and walked the direction to the lounge area where everyone was, but sudden heat came over me and I dragged him past the lounge and up the stairs.

"Where are we going, tiger?" he asked me, little confused, when we reached the top of the stairs. Smirking, I opened the door of my room and got us inside.

"Everyone's downstairs. I thought we could use some alone time after the dinner." I told him and couldn't help but sweep my eyes over him. He always amazed me. How he dressed, how he acted, how he talked. His white button up shirt under the navy jumper he wore was just a tiny bit crumpled on the ends, but he still looked put together. Even the jeans he wore went perfectly with his 'professor' outfit.