Sequence 2-2: Punishments and Sales

The Aquila had arrived in Long Bay during the night and before the mission, Connor let himself and his crew get some much-needed rest. Now, he walks out of his quarters, looking up at the bright blue sky that greeted him. Seagulls here are just as loud as they were back north, giving him more of a welcome feel. He orders the crew to keep watch of his beloved ship before nodding for Faulkner to follow him to which his first mate happily obliges. Horses were first on the list as Ridgedale was located near Kingston which was around an hour or two away from the docks. When they're at the stables, Faulkner chooses a gray stallion, while Connor chooses a bay mare whose personality reminded him so much of his sweet Ojistah. He knew she was in good hands with Miriam back at home and knew he would give this horse the same amount of care he would give her. He and Faulkner take a little bit more time to ask locals how to get to Ridgedale, ignoring stares at them from others.

"Let us be off," Faulkner said, turning the stallion before waiting for Connor to take the lead.

He does so and the two quietly make their way to where they were pointed, though it wasn't needed as Connor already knew where to go from his dream. The humidity in the south is unlike anything Connor has felt before; he usually had members of the brotherhood take the missions in the south and as such this was a huge contrast to the brisk air back North. He nearly felt like stripping off his overcoat but bares the struggles just the same as his partner who is already starting to aspirate.

"I can't wait to head on our way back home and we only just got here! I hope yer dream is really true, Captain."

Connor nods in complete agreement. The only reason he kept going with this was that the words of the spirit he had seen before were true despite the true mess that became of his life because of it. He lets his instinct drive his hands on the reins, everything looking the very same as his dream as if someone had reached into his very mind and placed his thoughts right in front of him. After about an hour and a half, the trail they are on leads to plantations mostly on the right side and Connor knows he's getting closer to Ridgedale. To speed up the process, he urges the mare he's riding into a canter, Faulkner not far behind.

Slaves are hard at work in the fields and Connor looks them over, waiting for them to open their mouths with their ungodly screaming as was the case in his dream. To his relief, things stay quiet and he moves on, noticing that there in front of them were two men walking on horseback with a young woman dressed in a short-sleeved shirt and long skirt with her hands tied by a rope behind them. She staggers in her steps, leading Connor to believe that she had been like this for a good while. The Assassin urge to protect is strong within him but keeping his mission first in his mind, he clears his throat, preparing to pass by the three. His horse is stopped short however when he realizes that the three are turning into the exact plantation he was looking for: Ridgedale. Despite that, it wasn't the reason why he stopped.

He could feel it. The woman. This was the woman he had been looking for. Flashing over to his advanced sight he could see her whole body outlined in light compared to the red of the men in front of her. Not wanting to have a confrontation so soon after getting here, he looks back at Faulkner and nods saying, "I think this is who we are looking for."

"I'll check it out, Captain."

Faulkner trots on ahead to the two which close up, looks to be bounty hunters of some sort. "Morning, gentlemen. May I inquire as to this young woman's name? We are looking for a new wench to add to our collection."

"Morning. This is Raina Carmichael though I'm not sure you're going to want her after a while." One of the bounty hunters answers him truthfully with a smirk that has Faulkner's stomach twisting. Connor doesn't miss the words either and he motions for him to come back.