Acceptance

Purpled's POV

Ever since Theseus came home the other day he's been acting quite strange. Like he's scared of something. I wonder what he's scared of but I gave him the space he needs. It's kinda lonely without him talking to me and us goofing around. Just like the way I was before...alone.. I've seen that flash of red in Tommy's eyes, didn't expect him to be my soulmate. Since he's underage I guess it's platonic love, I chuckled to myself.

I always kept my distance from everyone but now that someone I love keeps a distance from me it hurts... Really hurts... I sigh, I'll try talking to him, maybe I can help. I get up from my room and walk to Theseus'. I knock on the door and wait, no response. I knock on the door again and wait, no response. "I'm coming in!" I yelled so he can hear. I open the door and walk in, I find the bird man wrapped in some covers. He sat up and watched me then laid back down.

I then closed the door behind me, the place was dark as fuck. I turn on the light and I heard Theseus groan. "Turn off the light..." He groaned. "Bro get up, you haven't left your room in a week," I said. He sat up and watched me, he then looked at me up and down and sighed. I took a step closer to him and I can see him shake a bit. "You alright Theseus, like seriously what's wrong?" I asked worryingly.

He stayed silent and looked down, I then took a step back. I don't want to scare or force myself on him right now. We stayed in silence for a little bit. "You know don't you?" he asked in a monotone voice. I tilt my head, "What am I supposed to know?" I asked. He then stared at me and I looked at him with a confused face. "Theseus what is going on? Is there something wrong?" I asked softly.

He nodded his head, "What's wrong, tell me and I can try to fix it," I said putting a hand on my chest. He looked as though he didn't trust my words. I sat down on the ground to make me look lower than him so I don't pose as a threat. It seemed to give him piece of mind, his face eased up. "W-Will-" he said quietly. I listened and let him speak, giving him my full attention. "Will you be t-the same as my last r-relationship?" He asked.

I sat down and thought for a moment. Something bad might've happened to him to make him think or feel that way. I shook my head, "The same way I acted before I will still act. We would just be in a relationship now, it wouldn't change anything, " I said. He looked at my face to find a hint of a lie in it. He then calmed down and smiled. "I'm not gonna ask what happened back then cause it seems to petrify you but just know I'm here for you," I added.

His eyes widened and I can see some tears trickle down his face. He then nodded, I got up and took a step to him to see if he's comfortable. He didn't flinch so I walk over to him and sit on the edge of the bed. I then reach my hand out to him and wait for him to respond. He looked at my hand then looked at me, I gave him a smile and looked at him with innocent eyes. I have no intention or interest in harming him. He then took my hand and I held onto it tightly.

"I won't let you go," I reassured him. He let out a slight hum and slowly came out of his cover. Once he was fully out his wings expanded and he kneeled next to me. I opened my arms to him and he hugged me, I then hugged him back holding onto him like he will slip away from me... "I missed you," I said in soft voice. "I've missed you too," he replied lowly.