𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍.

Sam placed a hand on his machine gun sprawled across his back, ready to pull it if there was too many of the undead in here

Sam placed a hand on his machine gun sprawled across his back, ready to pull it if there was too many of the undead in here. Sounds triggered the undead, and a gun was a last resort in this new undead nation. So, Sam kept with his trusty pocketknife.

His senses were sharp as he took careful steps toward the front door of the gas station. His eyes searched the dark windows for any signs of movement or the silhouette of a figure. In his chest, Sam's heart raced and he could hear it in his ears. Slowly, he reached out, and grabbed the handle on the door, yanking it open quickly. He slid his body in through the opening quickly, letting the door close behind him. Raising his knife, he glanced right and left, but there was no sounds of snarling or the clumsy movements of the undead.

Sam breathed a sigh of relief, though he knew that at any moment that could change. The undead were sneaky assholes.

He lowered his knife slightly, beginning his walk down the aisles to make sure none of the undead were hiding, but each aisle was empty. Well, empty of the undead, at least. Most of the aisle's had been trashed, leaving rotting food on the floor, but there were some save bags of chips and a few other things that no one had taken yet.

A loud bang made Sam jump and he spun around. His eyes quickly found the figure of his partner in the doorway to the employees backroom. The door swung with him as he stepped through the threshold.

"Fuck, Colby," Sam cursed, placing his hand over his chest, "What the fuck, dude?"

The brunette laughed, sheaving his knife in his boot, "We're clear, Sam."

"Thank God," Sam rolled his eyes, "But that was unnecessary."

"But so much fun," Colby's voice dropped a bit and he gave Sam a suggestive look that made Sam swallow.

Quickly, Sam switched the conversation, motioning toward the snacks he found, "Dinner tonight?"

Colby closed the distance between them, peaking around the corner of the aisle and finding what Sam was looking it. A wide smile spread across Colby's face, "Fuck yeah-- Cheetos!" and he sprinted toward a small bag shoved in the back of shelf.

Sam burst out laughing, "Leave some for me, Colbs."

Colby basically ignored Sam and opened the bag, shoving a few of the orange chips into his mouth. He turned back to Sam with a cocked eyebrow, speaking with his mouth full, "Shure, maan!"

Sam rolled his eyes and moved down the aisle to grab his own bag of chips.

🧟🧟🧟🧟🧟🧟

The pair settled into their sleeping spot behind the counter, curled up on a shared but torn sleeping bag (that they found in an old RV crashed along the highway). Around them were piles of snacks they could find in the gas station and several bottles of water (lucky to have found that the sink still produced clean water and was probably hooked up to a well). They sat close together, talking about their hopes of finding their parents. It was a conversation they had every night and Sam appreciated Colby listening to him.

"Come here," Colby spoke softly, lifting his arm out to his other half.

The blonde didn't need to be told twice and pulled himself into the crevice beside the brunette. Colby hummed gently as he pulled Sam into him, wrapping Sam in his embrace. There was something new in this that sent Sam's heart racing and he held onto the other like he was his lifeline.

"It's okay," Colby sniffled into Sam's blonde hair, "It's okay... it's okay."

Sam knew that Colby was saying for his sake more so than Sam's. The blonde let Colby hold him instead of the other way around, knowing that Colby was just having a moment. But then Colby's voice changed as Sam felt the brunette move his mouth into Sam's hair. The words turned into the light pressure from Colby's lips.

Sam gave in to the feeling and shut his eyes. The words were gone completely now and Colby breathed heavily into Sam's hair, clutching tightly onto Sam's body.

"it's okay... It's okay...," Sam whispered, turning his face up to the brunette.

The pair looked at each other and Colby closed the distance, shutting his eyes, pressing their foreheads together. Sam shut his own eyes and breathed in the other male. There was nothing more to happen between them that night. They just lay there, facing each other, and breathing the other in. This was an intimacy neither of them had have with each other before the apocalypse.