𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛.

Several weeks later

Several weeks later...

They had found a house, a cabin of the sorts, nestled in the valley somewhere at the eastern entrance to the Rocky Mountains. It was empty but completely filled with food and water and there was a car outside with a full tank of gas. Both boys could hardly believe their luck. The only thing they could think of was that the original owners must have left for a reason and obviously never returned. Regardless, they felt like kings upon finding this utopia.

Quickly, they found a routine, taking the time there to recover and gather their strength again. After all, they didn't know what Kansas City would promise them and what the state of their parents were, but they hoped they had survived. The routine they found there was basic and they switched roles as needed. One would pump water from the well and bring it into the house. The other would prepare meals. Together, they kept the house clean, which was a bit funny considering they never kept their rooms in the Trap House clean. Maybe it was how they were dealing with trauma. Maybe it was a bit of them recognizing this isn't their house.

Sam had a feeling it was trauma, though. He could feel it sitting in the back of his mind.

Nights were a different matter for the pair and the cabin changed their dynamics quickly. Sam thought he could deal with Colby's need to burry his face in Sam's neck or in his hair, repeating the words "it's okay... it's okay" every night. But, something was changing about them. Sam knew this and he wasn't going to stop it.

The master bedroom of the cabin was crafted to allow the windows a full wall and half of the ceiling. The positioning of the bed allowed for those inside of it to look up at the stars and Sam adored the view. He was always hanging in the bed, doing whatever, and watching the stars, feeling a sort of peace he hadn't felt since before the apocalypse. Puling the blanket over his body more, he tried to read the last few lines of the book he found in the cabin as the last light of the day dipped behind the trees. In the kitchen, Sam could hear Colby scraping and sharpening away at his knife, a habit he was doing almost every night. But, the sounds stopped, and Sam set his book down on the bed side table as Colby walked into the bedroom.

The brunette quickly crawled into bed beside the blonde, wrapping his arm around him and pulling him into the other's body.

Sam sighed into the other man, raising his leg to tangle with Colby's, "It's okay...," Sam began their typical nighttime process.

But, suddenly, Sam felt a hand on his chin, and Sam was looking upwards to Colby. His words died in his mouth at the sight of the brunette looking down at him like that--- holy fuck fuck fuck fuck--

Colby's lips were on his, silencing the words in Sam's brain, and Sam responded to him with just as much energy.

He slid his fingers into Colby's hair, gripping the threads and holding him tightly.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck-- so this was what all the girls wanted when they saw Colby? Sam definitely understood why more clearly now.

He moaned lightly, pushing himself up into the brunette, feeling the hard planes of a male body instead of the softness that he was used to with girls... with Katrina.