Enemies at first sight

"I WON. ACCEPT IT."
"YOU DID NOT WIN, YOU CANT END ON A REVERSE!"
"YES YOU CAN IT SAYS NOWHERE IN THE RULES THAT YOU CANT."
"ITS A COMMON RULE OF THUMB THAT WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING UNO, YOU CAN'T END ON A POWER CARD!"
This conversation went on for 7 minutes. Aspen and Sock seemed to have a love-hate relationship. Most of the time, they were besties. They wouldn't yell at each other, they wouldn't blame each other for things,  nothing like what was happening in that moment. However, this wasn't a rare occurrence, so I just sat with my head in my hands, in the corner of the room. It seemed like hours later that they abruptly stopped, but it was only due to an, 'incident', as Sock put it.
"Aspen. Did you just. Knock the sandle off the table?"
Now, dear reader, the sandle was what Sock called the Uno machine (the one that spits out cards instead of having to pick them up). Aspen had begun to open his mouth to apologise, presumably, but before he could, he was met with a noise that would send a chill down anyone's spine.
"ÀÀÅÂÀĀĂÀĄÂÆĖÊËĘĔĖĒ!"
The most bone chilling and shrill scream came out of Sock's mouth, so much so that half of us had to cover our ears. "YOU TRAITOR! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO THE SANDLE YOU BIT-"
"I DIDN'T MEAN TO OK? IM SORRY I TOUCHED IT!"
I began to stand up and do my best to break apart what could,and probably would, end in a fight. I reached out to grab Aspen's shoulder, but he stormed out of the room, Addy, Bo and Sock following close behind. They reached the stairs and started to run up them, but were stopped in their tracks by Icarus and Tommy, stood in awe of what was going on. Addy stormed past first, trying to ignore them both. She didn't like it at all when people argued, especially Sock and Aspen; they shouted too much. Bo was next to pass the pair, and although mad, and not intending to interact with either of them, she did. She hovered about 3 feet in the air in front of the new Theseus-Mine Cart-bird-boy. She appeared to have her hands on her non existent hips, and was scowling a mean scowl at him. "Who's that?" she said, with a tone that sounded mad, confused and demanding all at once. Tommy didn't seem to care, mind, because he pulled the same face back at her, and stuck his tounge out in disgust. Bo laughed in a strangely menacing way, turning to the side and covering her face slightly with her hands. Once she was done, she turned back to face Tommy, with the same expression on her face, but to me, it seemed like a look that said something along the lines of," I haven't met you properly yet but I hate you with every bone in my non-existent body and I don't want anything to do with you so piss off <3"

After a while of waiting for someone to say something, with no results, Icarus broke the silence by doing his best to introduce them. "Tommy, this is Ariadne, or Addy for short," he said, and Addy turned from the stairs, smiled and waved at Tommy, and carried on briskly up to the top floor. "And this," he continued, looking back at Bo who was red as goblin's blood now, "is Bo."

"Oh." changing from scowling at Tommy to glaring at Icarus. "So this is Thes-shit. Huh." A look of confusion and surprise appeared instantly on Icarus and Tommy's faces. "Pardon?!" exclaimed Icarus. "The boy at the door."

"Oh."

They all stood there for what seemed like hours, glaring at each other. Icarus was trying not to burst out laughing at how dumb the two looked, when he was distracted by something shining in the corner of his eye. Addy's bracelet. She was cowered behind the banister of the stairs, secretly watching everything that was going on. This just made Icarus even more giggly, and eventually neither could hold it any longer and they laughed hysterically, Tommy and Bo darting their gaze to the imposter behind the banister. Addy was rolling on the floor laughing, just managing to stay on the stairs without falling. Tommy and Bo were even more pissed now, and Bo shoved past the bird boy and ran- sorry, floated- to her room on the ground floor. Tommy kept his eyes fixed on her until she slammed the door shut.

When Worlds Collideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें