2: New World

The school PA system let out an electronic jingle, signalling the start of the first day.

Juno adjusted his uniform shirt as he walked through the halls of the large school building.

"Ooh. It's him!" A couple of girls squealed, mostly falling on Juno's deaf ear as he was too busy looking for his classroom.

"1-4, 1-3... Ah, here we are." He remarked, eyeing at a sign beside the door with the digital "1-1" scrolling gradually.

He stepped inside, scanning the futuristic room which was filled with girls waiting for class to start. They all had their features, but only two stood out much from the rest. One was a certain blonde girl around the back row, and the second, well... wasn't even a girl.

A black-haired boy with maroon eyes laid grumbling on his desk, the possible stress alleviated once Juno entered and took some of the attention. Juno found himself a seat by the window, and gently sat down. The fancy desk lit up, displaying his name beside it once he arrived, marking it as his.

There, he simply twiddled his thumbs and waited patiently. The black-haired boy kept eyeing him with a hopeful expression, but the attention turned away once the PA system signalled again.

Everybody stood at attention, silent in excitement. The only sound that echoed for that brief moment was footsteps and the annoying seagulls outside.

Juno subtly glanced his eyes around the room, "These girls really like to stare, eh?" He muttered to himself.

The footsteps soon turned the corner. A young woman with short green hair, matching eyes and glasses stepped inside with a happy smile on her face. She stepped up to the front of the class, the board twinkling with a name beside it.

"Hello everyone, and congratulations for making into this school. My name is Maya Yamada, your first year sub-homeroom teacher." She greeted herself cheerfully, a lot of positive energy radiating from her voice.

Everyone beamed up at her, ever so silently.

"Uh, u-um..." Ms. Yamada was put off by the awkward silence. "We're going together in this Academy for the next three years, so I hope your time here is enjoyable and we all work together and make friends along the way!l

Still silence.

Yamada frowned, "N-Now moving onto introductions... I'll go down the list."

The seemingly inexperienced teacher began attendance call, while Juno stood stiff, listening intently.

He darted over, mostly towards the second boy. Juno smiled, glad to know he wasn't alone in this.

"Ichika Orimura?" Mrs. Yamada called from her list of students.

The boy glanced over, meeting Juno's gaze with a miserable expression and sighed.

"Here..." He depressingly stood and raised his hand, quaking up once he realized how many people were staring at him.

"Well? Why don't you introduce yourself!" Yamada happily offered?

The boy, Ichika's unsubtle nervousness really fueled the girls' curiosity about him.

"Er, yeah... I am Ichika Orimura..." He began, all eyes beaming at him. "And, uh... that's all?"

The girls nearly fell out of seats from the disappointment, too curious for their own good. But their curiosity immediately to the second male in the room who, unlike Ichika, was very unbothered by the surrounding presence.

Yamada frowned, "Hmm... Juno Reeves?" She glanced around.

"Present." Juno spoke almost immediately, raising his hand.