Just What the Hell are You?

Michael set off down his hallway at a light jog. The hallway was lit only by a few dim lamps. The hallway itself was cold and damp.
"Man, what kind of villains make a base in a place this crappy?" Michael said to himself. "At least make it in a nice clean cave or something. Ah well, I guess they don't really have standards as villains."
He kept running until he ran into a large stone door. He pushed on the door until it gave way. He stepped inside. Inside was a large circular room and standing in the center was the man dressed in black from before.
"Hey you're that guy from before," Michael said.
"Yeah that's me. My name is Christian. The type of magic I use is called shadow magic. I am working for these people to turn a small profit, I personally think their beliefs are ridiculous."
"Any particular reason you're telling me all of this?"
"Yeah, because I'm going to kill you here," Christian said. "Don't take it personally."
"Nah, it's all good, I understand," Michael replied. "But you're not going to kill me." 
"Is that right? Well, we'll just have to see about that, won't we?"
Christian clapped both of his hands together. He disappeared into a black pool on the ground. The pool moved right, then left, then flew back to the right disappearing on the wall.
Michael widened his feet. He glanced around, eyes flicking from left to right.
The shadow pool had moved along the wall, behind Michael. Christian sprang out of the pool, driving a shadowy blade right at Michael's back.
Just then, Michael half turned around, and slammed his elbow into Christian's stomach.
A single thought flashed through Christian's mind.
What?
Michael picked Christian up and slammed his palm into his chest. A shockwave of pain surged through Christian's entire body. Michael flipped Christian over his shoulder and delivered a swift kick that caught Christian right in the chest, sending him flying to the other end of the room.
After he had stopped rolling, Christian jumped back to his feet and whipped around to face Michael.
"What the hell was that?" Christian asked.
"I don't know," Michael replied. "A counter to your attack?"
"That was my shadow sneak attack. It's completely silent and damn near untraceable due to its incredible speed. How the hell did you counter it?"
"Dunno. I kinda just thought 'where's the one place he could attack'."
"Well, whatever this trick is, I'm not buying it," Christian said. "You're dead, here and now."
Dark shadows formed in Christians hands, in the form of twin knives.
"I have someone to protect and I can't be beaten," Christian said.
"Yeah, well, I've got people to protect too," Michael said. "And I just can't let you kill me."
Christian charged at Michael, swinging both shadow knives at him. Michael dodged each attack seamlessly, not letting a single blow hit him. Suddenly, a blind side attack came from the right side. Michael held up his right arm to block it. The knife struck it.
Just as the knife hit his arm, a red energy that almost resembled lightning sprang off of the mark on his arm, deflecting the attack and destroying the knife. Christian jumped back in surprise.
"What the hell was that?" Christian asked.
"Don't know," Michael said. "Just sorta happens from time to time."
"Red death lightning shoots off of the strange marking on your arm when its hit and you don't find that the least bit odd?"
"Well yeah it's odd, I've just found it better not to question it anymore."
"Well then let's stop talking about it then," Christian said.
Christian summoned another shadow knife in place of the destroyed one. Blue flames enveloped Michael's hands. Christian charged at Michael again, delivering another flurry of attacks. Michael swung his hands up, deflecting each attack. Slash after slash would simply bounce off of Michael's hands.
Just what the hell is this guys deal? Christian thought to himself. This isn't a normal fight. At least one of my attacks would have hit any normal person at this rate. But not this guy. He's either dodged it or deflected it with the weird magic. It's almost like he can sense my attacks.
Just then, Michael had seen a single opening. He ducked right under another of Christian's attacks. Christian didn't even have time to react.
"Aura Barrage!"
Michael slammed his fist into Christian's stomach, then his palm, then his fist again. He repeated this pattern at least twenty times before bringing his leg around and slamming it right into Christian's chest, sending him flying again.
"Done yet?" Michael asked.
Christian coughed for a second then slowly sat up, crossing his legs.
"Yeah, I'm done. I know when I'm fighting a losing battle," Christian said. "You're pretty good man, where did you train?"
"Uhhh," Michael paused and sat down and crossed his legs as well. "No where. I've never had any training."
"You're kidding. With a battle style like that, I'd have to assume you've trained somewhere. Where do you come from then?"
"Uhhh," Michael paused again. "I don't know that either."
"What the hell?" Christian said. "You don't know where you come from, you don't have any training, yet you fight like a master. Just what the hell are you?"
"That I couldn't tell you," Michael said. "But if I ever find the answer to that, you'll be the first to know."
Suddenly, a humungous crash shook the entire area the two were in.
"Well, that would be my friends." Michael said standing up. "I'd better get going. Thanks for the talk, I wish you the best of luck my man."
Michael took off running towards a wooden door on the other side. He quickly opened it and ran on.
"Well that certainly was an odd battle," Christian said to himself. "Well, knowing my luck, I'll probably run into that dumbass again. At least, I certainly hope I don't."