Chapter 6

Crowley Eusford was a Vampire Noble, a thirteenth progenitor that was sired by the seventh progenitor Ferid Bathory.

At the beginning he had started out hating him, but over the years he had started to forget why and the feelings started to fade but he could always remember him. Now he was a part of Ferids Faction and was often at the vampires beck and call simply because Ferid always made things interesting. For him that was enough reason to stick around as entertainment was something most vampires needed as boredom was the bane of their existence.

Normally it was Ferid that observed and found interestings things but it would seem that this time it was Crowley who had found something interesting.

The Human had been wearing the uniform of a lifestock but what stood out were the weapons, the skill and the fact that this girl had been much faster than a human child had any right to be. For while the speed wasn't enough to match even a common vampire it was still several times faster than what it should have been. From what he had observed, the girl had augmented herself with those strange weapons that she wore and the astral wings he had briefly seen flashing.

And that was the next strange point.

Her weapons.

They were not like anything he had seen before in his eight hundred years of walking the earth and he had seen a lot of different weapons.

The astral wings seemed to have come from some point on the shoulders where a pair of silver shoulder clasps had sat that were definitely not part of the lifestock uniform, then there were the gauntlets and the greaves that seemed to have been a single set and with a sleek black design that reminded him strangely of a wolf the didn't seem to have used them but they gave him a strange magical feeling that made him certain that they were magical in nature and so they may have given her an passive boost, but the thing that actually set him on edge had been the knife.

For while the knife may have radiated a calming aura it was what it had done to the vampires that had startled him.

The knife had only slit their throats and killed them with it. And not the normal death of a vampire where they become a demon but rather the disintegrated kind of death where the vampire ceases to exist. But that only happens when a vampires head is destroyed or a mortal wound was inflicted by a demon weapon, neither of which was the case here.

It intrigued him.

There was also the childs skill to consider. It was a level of skill he had only seen in people after many years of dedicated training. More years than it had been since the breaking of the taboo by the humans and the following apocalypse, so the girl had to have training before, indicating that the girl was not from an ordinary family as those skills were not what was taught anywhere.

Well, anywhere public at least.

And there was something else.

The child didn't seem to be affected in the least by having killed.

It even seemed as if the girl had killed before.

What a truly interesting find.

And with that Crowley Eusford turned away from the scene and made his way over to Ferid's mansion with a slight bounce to his step all the while humming a tune.

It never occured to him to inform someone else about the happennigs, for why should he?

— — — — —

Ferid Bathory was intrigued.

The day had been a relatively boring one with nothing to do and seemingly nothing to scheme until his dear Crowley came in and told him about this very interesting thing that had happened today.