Chapter 1

Life was terrible.

Anya hated the Life she lead with a burning passion. She was one of the many Children that were held as lifestock in Sanguinem. The children had to share little barracks and that created little families or at least that is how it should be. But of course that wasn't how it was. While there were cases where the children would stick together no matter what, there were also cases where the older children would terrorise the younger ones. The older children would beat the younger ones down and establish themselfes as the top dogs. Especially girls were in danger, for the older boys often raped them, but they were not the only ones.

Had it not been for the vampire patrols, Gang Wars would have long since become a daily occurence and not a bi-weekly. Not all familys were like that, but it was still a disconcerting amount and they were loud about it. They did everything to keep the others down and stay at the top. They overshadowed all the other nice familys and were the bane of the others, even more so than the vampires.

Anya herself was in such a particular abusive ‚family' and despised it. Altough she was fifteen and now, four years after the apocalypse, one of the older children, she was still a girl that did not attach herself to one of the top boys to be his bitch and as such she was in danger, a prey to the boys. The only reason she had not yet been raped and was still a virgin was the fact that they never seemed to be able to find her.

They never were able to catch her for she was always mysteriously gone and so they classed her not worth the effort to constantly hunt her down, though there were still the ocasional tries when they spotted her. No one knew how and most weren't even aware enough of her to notice. Another thing was the fact that no vampire had ever tasted her blood.

It seemed that where ever it was she disapeared to, no vampire was able to find, not that they cared much anyway. She also never offered her blood to anyone, especially not to the seventh progenitor Ferid Bathory. To those that had noticed it, it seemed that she had the best life a human could have in Sanguinem but she viewed it differently.

There were a few certain vampires that she wished to exterminate as a human at all costs, but otherwise she did not care all that much about the vampires. She viewed them with the same sort of apathy as they seemed to view the humans with.

But those Vampires that she wished to exterminate at all cost, were those that were responsible for her stay in Sanguinem in the first place.

Two City Guards.

She cursed the fact that they had found her and overwhelmed and brought her to this place everyday and had long since sworn bloody vengeance. So far she had not been able to do anything about it and she knew it and so she had not tried anything for she did not want to warn them of her malicous intentions.

The Main Problem was that the human body was very frail in comparison with the vampires and their senses were so much sharper than a humans. And that were just regular vampires, the progenitors were leages above them.

Her human body was too weak, too slow and too fragile to simply kill even just a single City Guard.

So she had to adapt.

She searched everywhere for ways to kill vampires without first having to become one herself. While she did not mind the Idea of becoming a vampire, was intrigued by it even, she wanted to kill these vampires as a human.

Everything that happened afterwards did not matter all that much to her, if they caught her, killed her or turned her, though idealy she would simply leave the City trough the exit undetected. She knew where it was, had found it in her first year there already, but she would not leave until she had her revenge and the two vampires were dead.

Hello dear Reader.

It has been years since I started this story and I quickly lost the steam for it. But now I decided to at least rewrite that what I already had since I have become better at writing over the years and I would like this story to be better than what it was. Because of that I have already rewritten the first three chapters and am going to upload the new ones. 

Since I am not quite sure how that works on Wattpad, I have simply replaced the old chapters with the new ones.

But I hope that the chapters are better now and that you enjoy reading the story.

I'll also try and get a new chapter at least once a month out, but we'll have to see about that since I have no Idea where I had planned to go with the story.

So we'll see.

EDIT: I just edited it a bit. Nothing Major. (31.10.2021)