entry five {part two}

still wednesday

19:55

i just had a thought. i'll obviously tell you guys.

i am going to write a story. honestly this competition thing just boosted my confidence. so i think like tomorrow i'll begin writing.

i don't know what it's going to be about but i just know that the main character's name is Qamar {it means moon in arabic and it's a female name}.

well so the story i wanted to tell you guys.

so as you may or may not know i am muslim {a hijabi} but i didn't start wearing the hijab till i was nineteen {which was two years ago}.

as a child i used to have weird thoughts {i still do} i used to wonder if islam was a lie {astaghfirullah} and even as a teen i still had that thought. but alhamdullilah that thouhgt disappeared from my mind when i started to read and understand the quran.

i didn't wear the hijab because i didn't think that it was commanded by Allah swt

in suratul nur Allah swt says: And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

the words in italics says to wrap their headcovers over their chests, i didn't fully understand that until i had one of the most heartfelt conversation with my mom and she told me hijab is the beauty of every muslim woman {that's just a short summary of the conversation}.

i learnt that hijab was a love story between you and Allah. {idk I'd that makes sense}

and now two years later i am now a hijabi...

i am terrible at expressing myself soo sorry if this is a bit cringey.