Chapter 5 - Someone's here

They arrive at blue base and they decide that they should go back to work for the rest of the day. Woods gets out and he grabs the backpack and takes it to the vault. He puts the backpack in the vault and goes back to work.

The workday is over and they all go home. The next morning Matt gets a notification that there is movement in blue base in the vault. He texts Woods and Sam to let them know to get to blue base as soon as possible. Matt, Sam and Woods arrive at blue base at the same time and they go in and they run upstairs. Matt enters the vault code and pulls the handle down. Sam says, "What are you waiting for Matt? Open it." Woods ran back to them holding a bat behind them. Matt opens the vault door and sees the backpack is open. Woods goes in first with the bat. He looks behind the door and sees something or someone and says, "Guys come look at this. Now. Please." Matt and Sam walk in and see what Woods saw.

It was a person, well that's what they think it is. Woods stands in front of her. Sam whispers, "She looks like she's sleeping." Matt saw that the person had horns and went to touch it. She woke up and made a growling sound. Matt gets up quickly and gets the bat from Woods. "Hello?" Sam said as she moved a bit closer. The person on the floor looks up at Sam and does a little wave and gets up from the ground and runs towards Sam and hugs her.

She is small and still looks like a child but with horns, wings, sharp teeth, a tail and fully pitch-black eyes.

"Oh uh.." Sam hugs her back and tries to avoid her wings. The little girl said while looking up at Sam, "where's my mom..?"  Sam looks at Matt and Woods and doesn't know what to say. Woods goes closer to her and asked her what her mom looked like. She said, "She always wears a long white shirt. That's all I remember... I'm sorry" Matt goes closer and says that she doesn't have to say sorry for that. Sam picks her up to take her to another room so they can talk more. The girl hugged Sam the whole time and didn't want to let go. She seemed scared and sad and they had to do something to help her.