《 XII 》Realisations

Loki's POV:

Alright so maybe my way of protecting her from the file wasn't that effective. Not only did she see it, I ended up fucking up our inch of friendship.

Damn, friendship takes a lot of effort.

There was something about Wanda Maximoff that was so confusing. Her power, maybe, or the way she feared it so much. She cowered beneath it as if she could not weaponize it, bend the earth to her wish.

Maybe it confused me that she was so open to being friends with a God who had literally turned her friends into babies and blamed her for it. Maybe it confused me that she let me stay and help take care of them as if I were qualified in any way to take care of children, let alone the avengers. Maybe it confused me that I was starting to like doing it and like being around her.

That was the thought which seemed to shake me out of my trance. Because it was true. Maybe I did like being around Wanda. Why? I was yet to find out.

I shook my head, entering the main room once again. Stifling a laugh, I observed the avengers and their new colourful faces. The crayons seemed to have got everywhere but the paper. Well, nothing some witchcraft, magic and hand flicks couldn't fix.

As I began walking towards the little demons who were giggling away, my attention was drawn to the sound of ringing. Turning to the source of the sound, I found Wanda's phone. The concept of it was.. weird? However, the name glowing was 'Nick Fury' and I silently prayed he had found his cure.

I attempted to answer the call by clicking the green button but found it unsuccessful before deciding to swipe it in the direction it was pointing.

"Maximoff."
"Not quite."

"Mr New York, pass the phone to Maximoff," he ordered and I scoffed.

"Yeah, not sure that's going to run well," I chuckled. "Well, it's going to have to because we have news on our cure."

That, however, caught my attention.

"You have it?"

"We think, but we need to test it one of them first."

"And if it doesn't work..?" I asked, cringing at the silence that followed.

"I'm sending over Agent Hill with the sample, Laufeyson, keep them alive until then."

With that, he ended the call. Insufferable man.

Now, I hate admitting I'm wrong, especially to mortals who are clearly beneath me, but Wanda needed to know about this. And I sort of felt.. bad?

Not guilty, no, never that. But something told me I didn't mean what I said.

I spared a single glance at the children, flicking my wrist and allowing a green mist to clean off their papers to keep them occupied for a while longer while I went to Maximoff's room.

And Hel was I not prepared.

I invited myself in, deciding not to knock because she probably would have purposely ignored me if I did.

However, the second I walked in she walked out of the bathroom with literally just a towel on.

"HOLY SH-"

"LAUFEYSON WHAT THE FUCK."

Flailing my hands out to cover my eyes, I walked backwards out of the door and slammed it shut, quite literally burning with embarrassment.

Way to go Loki, way to go.

Wanda's POV:

As I walked out of my room, actually dressed this time, I glanced at the children, not wanting to spare Loki even a look. But as far as my pettiness goes, I knew eventually I'd have to.