four

---
4. Be supportive

Recent surveys indicated that a sense of caring and nurturing was the second most important trait for men deciding if a woman was relationship material. We're not suggesting you become his mother, start cleaning up after him or doing his grocery shopping, but being there when he needs support or listening when he needs someone to talk to is important when building a bond with someone new and letting them know you want to be a larger part of their life.
---

"I miss Spain," I looked at Javi who was looking down at his hands. "I miss my family and friends."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "But don't you like it here in Germany?"

"I do! I do love it here and all my team mates, but it's just one of those days where I get homesick." He huffed, plopping down on his couch.

"Well, I get homesick too, I-I mean Hamburg is still in Germany but y'know," I looked at him, "I miss everybody back there too."

He only grunted in response. Sigh.

"Tell you what Javi, lets go to Chili's. They have the best Spanish dishes, you'll love it."

---

"Ah, those were almost as good as my mom's cooking." Javi grinned in satisfaction as we walked out the pub.

He glanced at me then looked back ahead, "Thank you, Lana. Really, it means a lot that you took your time to do this for me."

Thank god it was dark in the car otherwise he'd see my cheeks that were going red, "It's whatever. You'd do the same thing wouldn't you?"

"Sí, I would."

Javi and I have gotten closer in the span of 8 days. The game we went to together yesterday had been a blast, and I didn't embarrass myself as much as the first time. I actually enjoyed going to the football match. I just hope I don't fuck up these steps and actually get him to be my boyfriend, I've grown so fond of him and I hope he feels the same.

---

Closing the car door I looked back at Javi in the driver's seat, "Thanks again Ja-"

"Nah, I should be thanking you. Thanks again for today Lana. You have my number, call me if you need anything." He said cutting me off just as I was about to thank him.

Smiling brightly I stared at him for a moment, "You too, call me anytime."

I kept my eyes on his car as it drove away from my neighborhood.

Right. That was supportive enough wasn't it?

---

a/n. dedicating this particular chapter to banter fc cause ya'll thirsty ass hôes, but i love youse :*