Chapter 11 - The Accused Murderer of the Clan

Chapter 11 – The Accused Murderer of the Clan

[Rin’s POV]

The world stopped after I heard those words escape Kakashi’s mouth. I was too dumbfounded and too stunned to say something. I didn’t know if the right thing to do was to deny it or tell him the truth. Both choices led to my doom. If I would tell him the truth, I’d got no choice but to leave Suna, but if I lied, Kakashi would just find enough proofs that could lead to my execution.

“I won’t tell,”

“Why?” was the only word that escaped my own mouth. What was I supposed to tell him then? He was a great ninja, he would know of my real existence within a short period of time.

“I believe that you did not kill your clan. As I told you, you were accused. The only one who could do this kind of thing is Orochimaru,”

“You know of Orochimaru too?”

“He is one of the legendary Sanins,” Kakashi explained. “Back then, he was with Lady Tsunade and Jiraiya, but he chose a different path,”

“I believe that the Jiraiya you’re talking about is the famously known ‘Toad Sage’?” I could have sneaked into Kakashi’s mind for this kind of information, but with him explaining the fact was better than indirectly viewing it.

“Yes,” he nodded. “That’s the one,”

“Ahh…” I wandered back in time when I saw him in our village, trying to get some girls with him, “Pervy Sage,”

“You and Naruto are the same,” he observed. “Jiraiya took him as his student a little while ago, and he calls him Pervy Sage too,”

“Naruto’s a special kid,”

“You observed too, huh?”

“Yes,” I closed my eyes as the warm breeze hit my body, “I’m willing to help him,”

“I believe you got your own ways of helping him,”

“Want to hear it out?”

“If you insist,” he replied.

“I plan to fight Naruto in the near future,”

“You’re far stronger than Naruto,” Kakashi declared. “You’re the strongest ninja in the world and we’re only a few who knows of it,”

“I have limits, Kakashi,” I told him. “But Naruto doesn’t. He’s stronger than me, far stronger than any of us,”

“If you know that he’ll beat you, why do you need to fight him?”

“I’m going to fight him when the time’s right,” I stated. “It’s obvious that I’m going to beat him at first, but Naruto has a whole lot of determination. He won’t give up, he needs a vision to fight me and bring me down, and with me giving my best shot and losing to him would make him the strongest ninja in the world. He might achieve his dream of being Hokage. I’m positive that he really will be Hokage someday. He holds no empty words,”

“You want him to keep on trying to beat you because you believe that determination is the greatest power any ninja could have, am I correct?”

“Right,”

“You sure think like an adult for your age,”

“More mature than you?”

“Far mature than me,” he chuckled.

“Rin-chan!” I heard a familiar voice calling my name. “What are you doing here? And why are you hanging out with Kakashi?”

“Just chilling out, Naruto,” I responded. “Nothing special,”

“You know,” he then pointed out. “When you talk, it seems like you’re older than Kakashi,”

“I told you,” Kakashi said from beside me.

“Could you teach me some jutsus? Your jutsus are such bad-asses jutsus!”

“You need to figure this all out to yourself, Naruto,” I told him. “But by the looks of it, you won’t be able to beat me or anyone in particular,”

“Hey!” he then stood straight and pointed a finger at me. “I will beat you someday, not today, but someday!”

“I’ll wait and look forward to that,” Maybe once you become Hokage. I smiled at him even though he couldn’t see through it. “Bye, Naruto and Kakashi,” after receiving a nod from Kakashi, I transported to the roof of the Kazekage’s building.

“Did you go to Konoha?”

“Hai,” I answered the Kazekage. “Where’s the Feudal Lord’s son?”

“With Kankuro,” he replied, obviously stating out a fact.“I need you to do something for me,”

“A mission?”

“No,”

“What then?”

“I need you to fight me,”