Chapter 3 - Fighting with a Hyuga

Chapter 3 – Fighting with a Hyuga

[Gaara’s POV]

“Did you see it for yourself?” Temari asked beside me with a smirk on her face. Kankuro was shaking with fear when he saw how Rin fought. I was shocked when I first saw that she didn’t need any hand signs or seals. She was too strong to be a Genin or a Chuunin.

“I saw it,” I told her. “But that doesn’t mean she’s that powerful, it was clear that the shinobi from the Rain village is weak,”

“Impossible,” the Hokage muttered beside me. “No one ever mastered to perform a jutsu without handsigns.”

“We’re uneven Lady Tsunade,” said Sakura Haruno, a medical ninja trained by the Hokage. “The other one collapsed from exhaustion.”

Beside the Hokage, I could see Naruto thinking. Everybody in the room was thinking about the same thing, but I decided not to pay attention. I focused my attention to the new girl I recruited to serve my village. There was something deadly mysterious about her.

“If you may, Hokage-sama” Neji Hyuga blurted out, “I could take the place of that kid,”

“Are you sure, Neji?” asked the Hokage.

“Hai,” he said. “And I want to fight the girl named Rin,”

“Is that okay with you Kazekage?” she asked me. “She’s under your care after all and Neji’s a great shinobi, he might as well not go easy on her.”

“I’ve got no problem with that,” I answered honestly, but to fight a great shinobi like Neji, she’s got the chance to lose. I already saw how Neji fought, he showed no mercy but continued bragging about fate. He was quite obsessed about it.

“Very well then,” replied the Hokage, “Let’s announce who their opponents will be.”

[Rin’s POV]

It was my turn to fight once again. I jumped off the watching area again and Hyuga did the same. I saw people making bets of who would win. What caught my attention were his eyes, they were indeed very unique, like ours.

“It’s such an honor to fight someone from the Hyuga clan,” I told him. We stood there, facing each other.

He had long brown waist-length hair which I thought suited his eyes. I guessed he was surprised that I hadn’t used my Blood Circulation jutsu on him. I found it boring now so I decided to stick with the others.

“We shouldn’t talk,” he took some fighting stance and used his Kekkei Genkai, “Byakugan!”

Veins appeared beside his eyes. I copied it, wanting to make this battle more interesting.

“Byakugan’s a very powerful Kekkei Genkai! She’ll lose! I win the bet!” yelled someone from the watching area. Some people heard him and looked at him like he’s insane. Others were making sure that they were going to win because of his so-called ‘Byakugan’.

“Very well,” I said then nodded. I did his stance earlier then shouted, “Byakugan!” I didn’t know how veins beside my eyes appeared, but I focused on my enemy.

Neji Hyuga.

He seemed shock, with his mouth hanging open. Everybody was shocked and a certain girl caught my eye. I then realized that it was another Hyuga. I looked at the Hokage and the Kazekage, they were as shocked too.