The Chest - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Will and I have been travelling for two days. Will lets me in the boat at night to rest, but I can think of comfier place to sleep than on the bow of a boat. I turn as we hit land. The black pearl is in the distance and so it is clear that Jack is here. Will puts a finger to his lips to tell me to be quiet, I nod and follow him. We crouch behind a plant and I look up to see Jack, Elizabeth and... Norrington?  What is he doing here? They are all standing around a chest.

"It's real" Elizabeth says.

"You actually were telling the truth" Norrington says to Jack in surprise. 

"I do that quite a lot, yet people are still surprised" Jack says. Will grabs my hand and pulls me out of hiding with him.

"With good reason" Will says and releases my hand as Elizabeth comes charging at him. I drown them out, all I can see is Jack. We both take a step towards each other, slowly at first until we are running into each other's arms. Jack hurriedly presses his lips against mine.

"How did you escape Jones? Are you all right? I was worried about you"  He says.

"I am fine but I am not happy that you tricked Will" I tell him. He whispers a sorry to me and then grabs hold of my hand and places a hand around my waist.

"How did you get here?" Jack asks Will.

"Maria swam but me, I used sea turtles, mate. A pair of them strapped to my feet" Will tells him and I chuckle.   

"Not so easy is it?" Jack asks.

"But I do owe you thanks, Jack" Will says and motions for me to come over to him so I do.

"You do?" Jack asks and stares at me in confusion.

"After you tricked me onto that ship, to square your debt with Jones. Maria too" Will tells Jack but Elizabeth interrupts.

"What?" She asks.

"What? I never tricked Maria, Jones stole her" He said.

" Anyway, I was reunited with my father" Will tells Jack.

"Oh, well, you're welcome, then" Jack smiles.

"Everything you said to me, every word was a lie!" Elizabeth shouts at Jack. I walk away from the arguing group and stand next to Norrington.

"Pretty much. Time and tide, love" Jack tells her. Will kneels next to the chest and unsheathes his father's knife.

" What are you doing Will?" I ask him.

"I'm going to kill Jones"

" Can't let you do that, William. 'Cause if Jones is dead, who's to call his terrible beastie off the hunt, eh?  Now, if you please.The key" Jack says and motions for Will to hand him the key. I watch as Will snatches Elizabeth's sword from her and points it at Jack.

"I keep the promises I make, Jack. I intend to free my father. And I hope you're here to see it" He tells Jack while waving the sword around. From the corner of my eye I see Norrington edging towards the group.

" I can't let you do that, either. So sorry" He says while drawing his own sword and pointing it at Will.

"I knew you'd warm up to me eventually" Jack laughs. Norrington swings his sword round to Jack and so Will now turns his towards Norrington. They are standing in a triangle. Men!

"Lord Beckett desires the contents of that chest. I deliver it: I get my life back" Norrington tells us all.

"Ah. The dark side of ambition" I say and everyone just looks at me strangely.

"Oh, I prefer to see it as the promise of redemption" Norrington tells us and then begins to fight.  

"Stop it!" Elizabeth and I shout but they ignore us.

"Guard the chest" Will tells us and then runs after Norrington and Jack.

Oh no he didn't I draw my sword and run after them, I hear Elizabeth start to run too. I hear her shouting in the back ground but I drown her out. She is such a moan!

I see Pintel and Ragetti run off with the chest so I stop chasing after the arguing men and start up chasing the pirates. Elizabeth catches up to me and we begin to chase them through the jungle.

"Oi you two. Drop the chest!" I shout and they turn to me and draw their swords. I have mine drawn but Elizabeth doesn't have one. Two against one... I don't think so.

We begin to run but stop when a giant wheel rushes past us, Jack, Norrington and Will are all fighting on it. It comes to a stop with a crash and falls down. At that moment Jones' crew come running through he trees.

"Come on guys, let's get a move on!" I shout. Pintel and Ragetti pass their swords to Elizabeth and they pick up the chest and we begin to run.

Having four of us and only three swords we have to share. Pintel and Ragetti crash into a tree and leave the chest. I would go back for it but my priority is to stay alive and so I am definitely not going back for it.

"Sword!" Elizabeth shout and I pass her mine.

"Sword" I shout and Pintel passes me his. This continues until Pintel and Ragetti run off in a different direction. Elizabeth and I make a bee-line for the boats. As we reach there I see Will lying across the boat.

"Will" Elizabeth shouts and runs to him. I follow.

 "Leave him lie! Unless you plan on using him to hit something with" Jack tells her and pushes me into the boat. I turn and see the un-dead crew closing in on us.

"We're not coming out of this" I tell them.

"Not with the chest. Into the boat" He says and grabs the chest while pushing Elizabeth into the boat.

 "You're mad" She tells him.

"Don't wait for me" He says and then runs off as a distraction for us, with the chest. I watch as Jones' crew begin to pursue him.

"I-I say we respect his final wish" Jack says.

"Aye!" Pintel and Ragetti say in agreement.  

I turn and see Elizabeth clutching Will close to her and I lean my head against Jack's chest as we row towards the Pearl. I know that we aren't safe but I need to enjoy a moment with the man I love.

Please Vote and Comment!!! 

Thanks 

Indie X