Chapter VI - Revolt

Few minutes after (Y/n) had left the Musashi Festival, it started to rain. And unlike most people, she allowed the rain to soak her entire body from head to toe, considering how light it was.

(Y/n) is now sitting at the bench of the bus stop, waiting for the next one so that it can take her to her neighborhood.

'I wonder if Takemichi and Hinata are okay...' She thinks, eyes narrowed as she leans against the bench. She sighs heavily and rests her arms on her lap. 'Why the hell should I even care either way? It's their date.'

(Y/n) slumps her head down, the droplets of rain streaming down her face. 'Spending time with them in the festival was fun, but only for a little while...' Her eyes narrow. 'Why is that..?'

'Jealousy? Probably.' (Y/n) scowls. 'But what's strange is that I feel a single ounce of romantic interest in Takemichi. It's a different kind of jealousy..'

Her mind then goes to the picture of her son. And just by that single thought, she had then depicted the source of her envy.

'Right...' (Y/n) reaffirms. 'It's because he has someone he loves genuinely.' Her frown deepens. 'He's not alone...'

She suddenly doesn't feel anymore rain touching her and lifts her head to see if it's stopped. Instead, she sees that someone was holding an umbrella over her. Her breath hitches at the person that is holding the umbrella, Toman's second division captain himself, Takashi Mitsuya. Unlike before, he wasn't wearing his uniform, but casual clothes.

"If you stay in the rain, you'll catch a cold, you know." Mitsuya tells her.

(Y/n) never caught his name, only aware of his title among Toman. "You're the second division captain..." She says quietly.

"Yeah." Mitsuya smiles down at her. "You're (Y/n), right? The girl that Mikey invited to the last meeting."

(Y/n) nods slowly. "Yeah."

Mitsuya is amused by her stoic face. "You're not easy to impress, are you?"

(Y/n) sheepishly scratches the tip of her cheek. "Not really." She admits.

Mitsuya chuckles lightly. "That's fine." He takes a seat right next to her. "I don't really care either way; It's just a remark."

(Y/n) furrows her eyebrows. 'Why the hell are you sitting next to me?' She avoids eye contact. "Are you taking the bus, too?"

"Huh?" Mitsuya quirks up an eyebrow. "No. I came here on my motorcycle."

"Then why are you here?" (Y/n) asks bluntly.

"To hold this umbrella over you." Mitsuya answers simply. "I just so happened to be walking by and saw you all soaked, so I wanted to be the good guy by holding this umbrella for you. So that you don't get a cold."

"Why?" (Y/n) then wonders, oblivious.

"Huh? The hell do you mean, 'Why?' It's because I want to." Mitsuya says flat out. "That's all." (Y/n) steals a glance at him. "So I'll wait here with you, until you get on the next bus."

'This guy...' (Y/n) thought. 'He's weird.' She earns a dumbfounded look from Mitsuya. 'You mean to tell me that he just so happened to be here?'

"What?" Mitsuya asks.

"Nothing." (Y/n) looks the other way, now talking in a bitter tone. "I was just realizing how weird you are."

Mitsuya blinks. "Huh? Weird?"

"Yeah." (Y/n) reaffirms. "You hardly know me and yet you hold an umbrella for me like a friend, talking to me so casually." She looks back at Mitsuya. "You're a weirdo. A weirdo boy."