Chapter VIII - Respect

At this point, the fight between Moebius and Toman was at its climax. And by the looks of it, it was Toman's win; This being clear from the sea of Moebius guys that plaster the floor of the parking lot.

Mikey had fought Hanma for a good few minutes of the battle, but the temporary commander remained standing, despite everything.

"Yeah, you're exhausting, Mikey." Hanma admits. "And you're not even out of breath. What are you, a monster?"

"Shut up. Just die already." Mikey says bitterly. His eyes travel at the source of the motorcycle engine he hears.

Not far from him and Hanma was a broad man that rode on a motorcycle. "Hanma-san, we should get going."

"Yeah." Hanma obliges.

Police sirens echoes the atmosphere, alarming both gangs to scatter around the parking lot and retreat. All except Hanma and Mikey.

Before he gets on his comrade's motorcycle, Hanma proclaims. "Mikey! You're about to witness the creation of the most sinister biker gang alliance in the Kanto region: Valhalla!" Mikey doesn't react at first. "I'm Valhalla's first vice commander, Hanma Shuji."

"Remember this, Mikey! From now on, Toman will never know peace again."

And just like that, Hanma was off, retreating to prepare another fight in the near future.

Based on his own observations, Mikey had already knew Hanma wasn't bluffing. So he makes a mental note of the new information he had received.

~•~

Opening - Cry Baby by Official Hige Dandism

~•~

(Y/n)'s eyes open, her vision blurry at first. 'Huh..?' She realizes that she resting the left side of her head onto something firm. 'What?' She sees a speck of lavender colored hair and perks up. 'Purple hair?'

The person that she had rested against was Mitsuya, who was sitting in front of her when he's riding his motorcycle. The second that he no longer feels her touch on his back, he locks eyes with her for a mere second. "You finally woke up."

"Weirdo boy." (Y/n) subconsciously calls him by the nickname she had given him.

"Again with the nickname...?" Mitsuya deadpans. "It's Mitsuya."

(Y/n) puts aside his remark and asks. "What happened?" She then realizes that she was actually riding his motorcycle. "And where are we going?" She looks around, assuming that she would recognize the streets.

"You passed out, shortly after Mikey started to fight Hanma." Mitsuya explains. "Luckily by that time, the fight was already over, so I was able to carry you onto my motorcycle and leave."

(Y/n) blinks, oblivious. "Why?"

"You never leave a vulnerable girl all by her lonesome." Mitsuya states. "That's why I took it upon myself to take care of you."

(Y/n) scowls. "You know, you've been too nice to me, and we only just got acquainted with one another. Why is that? Because, to be perfectly honest, I don't think I would do the same thing for you..."