Cassiopeia

I went to the library with Beth yesterday. She wanted me to come in with her so she'd have the courage to talk to the cute librarian with pink hair. They got talking, well flirting, so I took the cue and  began browsing. I picked up a book about astrology, on with a pretty cover. It was navy blue with gold highlights illustrating constellations. I think  my favorite one is Cassiopeia. This constellation was named after a queen in greek mythology. The legend says she bragged about her beauty, even dared to declare she was prettier than sea nymphs! Poseidon was offenced so he sent a monster after her; Cetus. To save herself, she left her daughter to a rock by the sea. The princess Andromeda was saved by Perseus the hero. All the characters were eventually elevated to the stars. However, Cassiopeia's vanity cost her to be bound to a chair and placed so that, as she revolves around the north celestial pole, she is sometimes upside-down. 

When I read the story, I immediatelly thought of my ex-bff. Her name was Sarah. She had blonde hair and big blue eyes. We met at school, in a bathroom. She was crying in a stall so I waited for her to come out and we talked. Mostly about her home life but also about our favorite colors and the teachers we hated. We had a lot in common. She became a sister to me and we shared everything! That was until 5th grade... To make it as simple as possible, she left me in dirt and got her change back. Let's just say that she gained some curves and decided I  wasn't good enough for her anymore. She threw me under the bus as soon as she had the chance. I could not believe it!! That bitch made it seem MY fault!! 

Miss Stephanie was so pissed we were all deprived of stickers till someone confessed. You see, Sarah figured no one would doupt her word (since a bunch of people liked her, a little too much.) so she had no problem accusing me of stealing the teacher's special pens.  What she did not plan was for Eric to knock her pencil case on the ground... Everything spilled out and the students realized who was truly the thief. The cactus and the moustache pen were irrefutable evidence after all. Sarah had to clean the desks while we all played "Simon says" and I integrated myself with Eric's friends. They were kind of jerks but they made me laugh. Me and Eric have been together ever since. Two peas in a pod.

Beth was making funny faces from across the room which could have meant  anything from "HELP" to "I'm in love!!". I didn't think too much, picked up the books I wanted to keep and headed her way. I was introduced to Marie. She had a french accent and seemed pretty smart. Everytime she talked I swear I could see Beth's eyes light up. She had to get back to her work so I checked out and we exited the shop. As we reached the end of the street, Beth twirled and yipped like a little kid, going on and on about the girl named Marie. Her dress lifting slighly and a huge smile on her face. She even got her snapchat AND her instagram! I wish I had the guts to talk to people I like... I couldn't help but smile. Her happiness hits you like a ray of sunshine, you have no choice but to be excited for her. She's such a wholesome and positive person. I'm so lucky to have her by my side.