1) Just A Day

"That doesn't look right." Dahyun scribbled her pencil on her notebook, the excess rubber had made a pile next to her ankle, the wind picked up carrying them over the school gates. It didn't help her with her concentration. She dropped her pencil and etched closer to her notebook, twisting, and turning the page around.

Dahyun sighed, placing it in her lap, she took a scrunchy from her blazer pocket. She swept her long neatly comb purple hair to one side, the wind nicely picked up the pace as she put it in a bun.

Dahyun stared down at what she had drawn, a detailed sketch of her new gadget, it was not yet powered up, she had thought after she had properly combined the right components it would be a step forward. It had This gadget was her precious piece, a step forward into technology. She had no idea if it worked from her sketch and notes she was missing copper fibre wiring within the clockworks.

She started to walk to the school building, towards Mina's class. Dahyun knew that her club, the News club, would be in the computer classes only six members had joined. They would provide information and advertise events to the whole school, mainly through the TVs mounted on the wall around the school.

Dahyun was so thankful that Mina joined that club. When she reached the door, through the glass window she glanced around.
She saw Mina with the other members in the corner. She took a deep breath and walked in.

"Afternoon Dahyun." The club leader, Jihyo sat in the teacher's desk as Nayeon and Jeongyeon fiddled about with paper scraps.
Dahyun nodded and walked towards the back, that's when she saw Sana and Momo by Mina's side.

They hadn't looked up, she didn't want them to look up especially Momo. Without trying to listen, she overheard their conversation.
"Should we film this part again?" Sana asked, pointing at Mina's computer.
"We can edit that part out." Momo replied.
Mina nodded, she kept her personal laptop on her lap at the same time.
"I think that will do."

Dahyun stood there for a few seconds before Momo and Sana packing up their things.
To their surprise, they hadn't notice she was standing there until they were walking out.
"Hey Dahyun." Momo smiled as past her way.
Dahyun slightly bowed and uttering "Hi."

She watched as they left the room, only leaving Dahyun, Mina and the other three.
"Don't make it obvious." Mina smirked as she shut down both her computer and laptop.
"I wasn't that obvious, was I?" Dahyun became defensive.
"Yes, it definitely was!" Jeongyeon shouted, hearing a few chuckles at the front.

Dahyun sighed, "I think it's time."
She checked her phone; it was a few minutes before 4 o'clock. A little more early to visit her friends at their clubs.
"Okay, let's go." Mina packed her laptop away.
They sauntered down from the top court to the field. The girls' track and field had almost finished. There was one last race, watching from the benches Dahyun gave a smile to her friend.

Chaeyoung has got this, Dahyun said her eyes focused only to her. No one could beat her. One of the students raised their hands as those who crouched down watched their mark.

"Set... GO!" With a graceful swing the racers bolted forward.

There she goes, she looked flawless her pale smooth skin glowed, her tangled blonde hair caught in her shirt. She could see the exasperation in her lunge, she had no reason to do so, she was ahead of everyone by a full two seconds. Dahyun counted.

"Good job Chaeyoung, you beat your personal best." Her coach smiled only taken account for her.
"Alright, let's pack up!"
The students picked up the plastic cones and grabbed their bottles and towels.
Chaeyoung was the first to head up, Dahyun popped in front of her as if to scare her.