4) Start of a Vigilante

All night for a month and a half, Dahyun gathered all her material from her mother's lab, taking without asking some people would say. In that time, she had made her costume design, with eye lenses with night vision and infrared, with a lot of cut up material to make up from the resistance. Her baton made out of rubber wood with it painted black. She was almost ready, her makeshift glove had a wrist gun allowed sleeping darts to be stored.

She had to test out her grappling hook, which in fact was hard to use in public. The only place she knew where to go was the old parking lot. After school, she got her equipment from home and went there by bike.

She already had practice target on the wall where she shot her darts as well as a test dummy two use her baton on. Placing her bags on the floor, she had her grappling hook attached to her right wrist switching from her darts to the hook switch.

She placed herself near where the bushes were to conceal her from the streets beside her.
The top of the parking lot, she straighten her arm and aimed for the side of the bars. She aimed a bit higher as she closed one eye.

"I hope this works." Dahyun mumbled, and pressed a button under her wrist.
The hook shot out into the air, it slowed at the end as it wrapped around the bar she intended to hit.
Dahyun sighed in relief that it worked, now was for the big part, would it be able to support her weight.

She pressed the same button, and the repel started to move, she was off the floor. The ascent became faster and as soon she got to the top, she pulled herself to the floor.
"It... works." A smile grew on her face, looking down to the bottom and fixed her grappling hook satisfied as she headed downstairs.

All her gadgets worked, her costume felt comfortable and her baton was a perfect handle. It was all perfect, except... she had no idea where any crime took place. She thought she had to take it short steps at a time, a vandalism or a convenient store robbery would be her start.

It all went south until she remembered Mr Myoui's security software, that would enable her to see crimes before they will occur. The thought of it with her could be a dangerous weapon, but it was all for bringing justice. Starting from the start was her first goal in becoming a vigilante.

She looked at the time, there was still some time left before her mother finished work. From where she was, it was only a ten minute walk. Picking up all her equipment bags, she rushed her way to the science building. She wailed through the doors and the receptionist recognised her immediately.

"Oh Dahyun, it's been a while." She smiled, her blue eyes glistened in the sunlight.
"It has," Dahyun nodded, "is my mother still here?"
"Of course, she's in her lab as usual." She gestured to the elevator as she sat down.

Dahyun pressed the top floor and waited, she thought of trying to take his computer instead, but that would be more obvious. Her only friend was her USB stick .
The inside of her mother's lab was recently filled with materials and boxes. She struggled to get in, her mother stood at the end room with a big smile.

"Dahyun, didn't expect you to be here."
Dahyun bowed her head, "I just wanted to see how you were doing."
Her colleagues entered the room just as she finished, Mrs Demontrace and Mr Myoui were also surprised to see her.

"Good evening," Dahyun spoke, her eyes diverted to Mr Myoui's laptop he was carrying.
Mrs Demontrace bowed her head as she saw her, her face stone-cold when she looked forward again.

"Hello again, Dahyun." He sang as he dance his way over to the table. Placing his laptop down and typed his way through whatever was on his computer.
"Here again..." Mina appeared from the corner of her eyes, "What's with the bag?"
Dahyun shook her head, "Just some materials I picked up."