Chapter 1: The Last Straw

Jungkook's pov

Damn it, not again.

"Jungkook! What in the world were you thinking?! Do you realize how much trouble you're in this time?!"

I looked at all of the admin staring me down as they waited for me to respond to the incident that heavily involved me. It honestly happened so fast...what more do they want from me?

2 hours earlier...

"He's been running his mouth about you all week, Kook."

I smirked as Hoseok told me about all the shit this kid named Han-Syeok has been saying about me lately. Everybody in this school knows exactly who I am and how I get down. It was pleasing to my soul to know how much I could get away with being such a notoriously bad student.

It was the end of the school week and I haven't made a move on him yet. Hoseok was getting a bit impatient and had been bugging me all day about what I should do to Han-Syeok.

"Yeah I know, Hobi. I'll deal with it."

"Look! There he is now!"

We both turn our heads and the hallway for some reason clears as Han-Syeok and his crew of minions follow after him like desperate puppies. He sees me and immediately looks away. Hoseok shakes my arm aggressively.

"He KNOWS he's been talking mad shit. Look how scared he fucking looks."

Hoseok is such an instigator. Can't say I hate that. It always ends up bringing me more fun.

"Yeah, I said I'll deal with it. Let's get to class. I'm already in enough trouble with my mom now."

Shit's aready messed up in my world so I pretty much like to do whatever I want. After my dad bailed on us a few years ago and feeling like I was being abandoned, my behavior started to change increasingly. I noticed I was becoming way more aggressive, mean and my mouth got real reckless. Maybe it was all a front; I missed my dad terribly. Sometimes I'd have such sleepless nights wondering if he even cared about me anymore.

As my attitude got worse, I started getting in lots more trouble. More fights with dumbasses and more issues with my mom. But I had gotten used to being bad over the years, and it felt good—like second nature almost. It was an escape. An escape from my already fucked up life.

It was like a persona you could turn off and on. Mine was always on no matter what.

"Alright sure. I better see a fight later today or else." Hoseok poked my side with his elbow.

We shared a laugh and continued to walk to our next class. Han-Syeok happened to share that same class with us.

★★★★★

Namjoon's pov

And there goes my last secretary.

"Man..." I groan, fumbling up the piece of letter that had my former secretary's "letter of resignation" on it. No matter what, none of them want to stay. Taehyung walks in with multiple papers in his hands as I'm reflecting on what to do next now that I had no one to do my busy work.

"All of these are response letters to the other companies you reached out to."

I think Taehyung caught my vibes quickly. After setting down some papers, he spoke. "What's wrong now..?"