Chapter 4: Time For Dinner

Jungkook's pov

After my "interview" I went to Hoseok's. My mom was bringing over her "fiancé", so I decided to stay away for the night.

I was chilling in one of Hoseok's bean bag chairs before he came back with two bottles of Sprite. His father recently made a trip to America for work and brought back Hoseok's favorite soda.

After setting them down, he joins me on a bean chair.

"Can't believe your mom got engaged that quick!"

"I know, right? She's insane if she thinks I'm gonna call that man my "dad". I say with air quotes over dad.

I don't need one of those. Not anymore.

"Right but anyways, tell me how the interview went."

I sigh, thinking of the whole day. "It was alright I guess. Rush hour wasn't as bad as I thought it would be this morning. The trains actually arrived on time-"

"I don't care about THAT!" Hoseok interrupts me with a shout. I jump impulsively and bring my hand up to my chest.

"Okay well.. what do you..?"

"I wanna know about those two brothers. Namjoon and Taehyung!!"

Oh lord.

"Um okay? Taehyung...he found me in the lobby and told me to follow him. He took me to Mr Kim's office and said to wait for him in there."

Hoseok's mouth drops open. He couldn't even say anything for a solid 20 seconds. "You met Taehyung? Holy shit, Jungkook!!"

I rolled my eyes. "Why is it such a big deal? Doesn't everybody get to meet him?"

"Literally no! You have to be...special to even sit down with him or Namjoon. What about Namjoon? You said you were in his office so did you meet him?"

I couldn't even say yes without Hoseok tackling me and going on and on about how this was a "super huge big deal". I just keep smiling awkwardly, confused about how much power these men actually hold.

"Well...what happened next? Did he give you the job?"

I told Hoseok that he did, but I left out the threat Namjoon threw towards me. Even I didn't know what it meant, so I couldn't explain to him.

Now that I was thinking about it, the threat seemed really...aggressive. And not in normal terms.

Is it weird that I found him to be sort of sensual with his actions? With the way he talked to me?

Called me a good boy?

"But yeah, I start working there tomorrow. After school."

Hoseok claps. "Nice job, Kook."

There's a knock on Hoseok's door and his mom comes in after Hoseok gives the okay. Mrs. Jung is at the door with a phone in her hand and she immediately looks at me with a worried look on her face.

"Jungkook? Your mother is looking for you. She says that you're still grounded and you were supposed to be home by now."

I groan, standing up and grabbing my Sprite. "I should've known she'd think I was here. See ya, hobi-hyung."

Hoseok waves goodbye and I brush pass his mother, thanking her for the foods and drinks. It wasn't too late so I could catch the very last train for the night.