Supernatural snowballing sucks.

Warning(s): Language, blood, gore, death, mentions of John Winchester being a shitty, neglectful father

Based on: 2x01 - Omega

A/N: Woohoo season 2!! Sorry this is a day later than planned, I just forgot to hit upload. Whoops. Life has been busy, and will continue to be, so the next update probably won't be until February because I have my mocks in January and I've gotta revise 24/7 from here on out pretty much. Thanks for reading <3

I'm rudely awoken by a fat, wet, and disgustingly warm gobbet of spit landing on my cheek. The hospital waiting room comes into view as I blearily peel my eyes open. I don't even have to search for the source of drool as Stiles lets out an obnoxiously loud snore right in my ear, face squished into my neck and uncomfortably close.

"Ugh," I groan, shoving him off me roughly. He doesn't wake, and instead just falls backwards, now sprawled across several of the waiting room seats, long limbs awkwardly stretched over multiple arm rests.

Barely suppressing a yawn, I do my best to stretch out the crick in my neck -- hospital chairs are very uncomfy to say the least.

We've been on Lydia watch the whole entire weekend, and to say it's been boring is an understatement.

She woke up yesterday, but Scott still made us stay anyway to keep an eye out for any weird symptoms. Weird symptoms, in this case, meaning Lydia leaping out of her hospital room sprouting furry sideburns and elongated canines.

Neither of which had happened. Which means 48 hours in a hunk of plastic for no reason. Fun!

My phone begins to buzz, and I half expect to see Scott's name on the caller ID (amidst the chaos of the showdown at the Hale house, Scott managed to wrestle it back from Derek), but was unpleasantly surprised to see Jody's name.

Not that Jody calling was unpleasant; it was just that the call was a surprise. Which is not ideal when you're in a hospital with the unmistakable announcements of paging so and so to ward whatever. Because if Jody hears that and knows I'm in a hospital, there will be a lot of questions. And the snowball of supernatural secrets that's been steadily growing since I came to Beacon Hills will explode right in my face.

"Shit," I sighed, standing up and striding out to the nearest storage closet which is (thankfully) unlocked. The room is small, a little cramped, but it'll do. Only when the door is safely locked behind me, do I finally hit accept.

"Hey, Jody."

"Hey, kiddo. I thought I'd just call, see how you're getting on."

"No so great. I'm cramming for a chemistry test I'm probably gonna fail." The best lies are the ones that tell a life that isn't perfect.

"I thought you were good at chemistry."

"I am, I just have an absolute dick of a chemistry teacher." That part was most definitely true.

"Language!" She reprimands teasingly.

"Sorry."

"But other than that, everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's great. Well, as good as highschool can be."

"Of course," she chuckles, and I can tell that she's rolling her eyes.

"Everything alright on your end?"

"Yeah, things are better in Sioux Falls now. I've found a new deputy to train after the last one died, so I should be free to live with you in about two months, tops."