No more

Licht wiped his tears quickly when he heard the door open. He stood up and faced the person who had just stepped into the room. Seeing his face, Licht scowled in anger before marching over to the other and grabbing his shirt collar.

Licht: You! How dare you show up here?!

Mahiru: *hands up in defense* I-I'm sorry Licht. I just wanted to check up on Hyde. That's all.

Licht: Well too bad. You don't get to check up on him.*points to door* Now get out.

Mahiru: But I still-

Licht: I told you to get out...!

Mahiru: I just want to-

Licht: I said get out!

Licht's fist was thrown at the boy before he froze. The older's hand trembled as he opened it and lowered his arm. The grip on Mahiru's shirt was released as Licht turned his gaze to the ground, not believing what just happened.

Licht: Was I really just about to punch Mahiru? Why would I-...?

Mahiru: Licht, I know that you're pissed at me. I would be too if I was in your situation. And I'm sorry, I am. But I'm need to try and help Hyde.

Licht: Don't. I know you are. I just can't bear to be in the same room as you right now.

Mahiru: I'm sorry. I really am.

Licht: *chuckles* Don't apologize. I don't deserve it. I just tried to punch you and yet you're the one saying sorry? I should be the one apologizing. You...you didn't even do anything. Hyde getting hurt was my fault...meaning*pause* I-I just tried to hurt an innocent.

Licht: Funny how I'm supposed to be protecting humans and hurting demons, yet here I am protecting demons and hurting humans. *sighs* Maybe...maybe I'm not the angel I thought I was.

Mahiru: What are you saying, Licht? Of course, you are. You're just feeling a lot of emotions because Hyde isn't waking up. It's as simple as that.

Licht: Can't you see? That's just it. It's my emotions. I...I've never felt anything for someone before and now my servesp gets into a car crash and I don't know when or if he's gonna wake up and it's-...I just can't think straight, can't think at all...As an angel I was supposed to rid this world of evil, and yet here I am crying my heart out over a shitty demon.

Licht: *laughs* Look at me, I'm no angel. I should just give that title up. *looks at Mahiru* you'd make a good one. Why don't you take over?

Mahiru: Don't say that. You're still-

Licht: Nothing. I'm still nothing, Mahiru. Can't you understand that? I've just been lying to myself this whole time. I'm not an angel. I'm only a lowly human. I can't protect anyone. Not anything. I only hurt everyone, including myself. I don't want to suffer anymore. I don't want anyone to suffer anymore. I told you, I give up. I'm done pretending.

Mahiru: Licht...are you really...?

Licht: Now, if you'll excuse me, *walks towards door* I'll be leaving for a bit.

Mahiru: *confused* Where are you going?

Licht: Not that far. Can't stay away from Hyde for more than a day. I'll be back before then. Oh and...here. *throws something*

Mahiru: *catches* *eyes widen* Licht you can't-

Licht: Sure I can. It's mine after all, or was. Do whatever you want with it. Sell it, keep it, burn it. I don't care. *bitter smile*
Just keep it away from me, yeah?

Mahiru watched the older's retreating back before turning to Liky who had been standing quietly in the room. The servamp's eyes trailed down to the object in Mahiru's hands and he sighed.

Lily: That's...

Mahiru: His backpack.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Mahiru: So he really has given up.