Chapter 46

7:30pm Thursday March 27th 2017

Patrick was sitting barefoot in the sand at the beach, he had invited Leni to come.

He was about to break up with her.

He made the decision the night prior and texted her asking if they could talk.

He decided that is was the best thing to do, he couldn't interfere with her and Jack's relationship any longer.

Despite being in love with her.

She had told him that she also wanted to talk to him.

As he sat waiting for her to arrive he started to question if what he was going to do was the right thing.

He heard light footsteps walk towards him, turning his head he saw Leni sit down next to him.

.......

Patrick had texted her about an hour ago to meet her at the beach at 7:30pm, Leni was hoping she would be able to tell him that she and Jack had made up.

She also wanted to tell Pat that she was in love with him.

Leni had gotten used to the moon boot and the pain had eased up quite a bit which was a pretty good sign of her ankle healing. She had a doctors appointment recently and they said she hopefully wouldn't need the boot much longer.

The AFLW season had finished with the girls 4th on the ladder which wasn't too bad for their first season.

......

Turning to face her he took in her facial features up close for what would most likely be one of the last times, he quickly leaned in and pressed a small kiss to her lips making her laugh slightly.

Her Laugh

That was one of the things he would miss the most. It was angelic and always made him smile. He didn't want to put himself in front of her relationship with her cousin though so he knew he had to do what he was about to do.

"So why'd you invite me here?" She asked looking at him with a smile

"Just needed to talk to you about something"

"Oh okay, I wanted to talk to you as well. You go first" Leni said admiring him in the setting sun

Looking down at his lap Pat started to really think about what he was about to say, he nearly stopped himself but deep down he knew that he shouldn't be stopping her and Jack from getting along.

Deciding that he was doing what was best for her he began to speak

"Alright so, I didn't want to have to do this but we should break up" Pat told her

Pulling an asshole move he got up and walked away knowing that if he saw her face he would regret it and want to go back to her.

He was in love with her after all

.......

As he walked away Leni was left sitting in shock and sadness, he had just broken up with her.

Leni was planning to tell him that she loved him.

Instead he had broken her heart, just like Jack said he would.

Slowly the tears starting leaking out of her eyes, what was she supposed to do now?

As she sat on the sand letting the tears roll down her cheeks her night got even worse, it started with a few drops but eventually it was bucketing down with rain. Leni was soaked but couldn't bring herself to move.