25

"Are you Emma Stark?" The woman asks the second she shuts the car door.

Emma looks at the woman, "Yeah. I'm her." She says, "And who are you?"

"Monica Rambeau," Monica says, "I'm from S.W.O.R.D,"

Emma nods with a small smile, "Ah, so they sent someone. You guys must really want me for whatever this is." She says, "But I'm sorry, Monica, I'm busy."

Emma knelt back down to her toolbox and was reaching for something, anything, just to appear to be busy.

Monica ignores Emma's actions and steps forward. She walks all the way to Emma's motorcycle and even stood behind Emma.

"Look I'm here hoping you'd have some information for me." Monica says.

Emma lifts her head from the tool box to Monica, "Ever since agencies like yours found out about my identity as Static, that's all you guys want from me." She says, "Information to fuel whatever war you're plotting our race towards."

Monica shakes her head, "It has nothing to do with the space program or the future Avenger program." Monica says, "Please, this has to do with a missing person."

Emma's eyebrows furrow, "You come all the way out here for a missing person?" She asks.

Monica says nothing.

"Must be some important person," Emma says.

Monica pulled out her cellphone and seemed to pull up her camera roll. She turns her phone to Emma and its then Emma looks at the screen.

The photos were of a brunette woman, and then the same women with red hair. The photos were someone Emma knows, or rather knew.

Emma rose to her feet stunned.

"I need to know everything you know about Wanda Maximoff," Monica says.

Emma stared at the screen in utter shock and then slowly moved to meet Monica's gaze. Emma could tell Monica was waiting for Emma to say something, anything.

However, just then the door opened revealing little Morgan.

"Emmy!" Morgan calls out and then her smile fell, "Uh- um is this a friend?"

Emma quickly turned to Morgan with a big smile, "Oh yeah. An old friend." She says, "How about you head back inside and I'll be in shortly."

Morgan nods a bit hesitate and did exactly as Emma instructed. Emma slowly turns away from the cabin door to Monica.

"Why do you want information on Wanda? Why is it your business if she's off the grid?" Emma asks.

Monica frowns, "Wanda Maximoff was wanted for going against the accords, the very same accords our new Captain America was against to help your bestie the former Winter Soldier." She says.

Emma shot daggers at Monica.

Monica sighs, "I- I just thought if I knew more about her, maybe I could find her and bring her home."

Emma frowns.

Emma crossed her arms on her chest.

"Her home hasn't been around since- well, since everything that's happened." Emma admit, "Plenty of people lost a lot during the Blip, but Wanda- Wanda lost her whole world."

Monica frowns.

Emma looks at Monica, "Where was she last seen?" She asks.

Monica shakes her head, "I- I can't reveal that information to a civilian."