5

They walked around the castle for a few more hours before Alayne asked if they could go to the Godswood.

"My father said that it was very beautiful. He said he'd like to have a bigger one in King's Landing, but my mother's faith is the Seven, and he has to follow that faith too, we all do."

"It sounds quite boring being a Princess," Jon commented. Alanye nodded in agreement, "You have to go to all these gatherings, and court appearences. You have to look perfect all the time, and you don't get to do what you want to."

Again Alayne nodded. They continued the rest of the way in silence, but when they got to the giant Weirwood tree her eyes widened, and she let go of Arya's hand.

They all stopped behind her, confused, but she kept on walking up to the tree thats sap was running like blood down the trunk and onto the ground. The trail kept on going, so Alayne followed it, out of sight.

They all hurried to catch up with her. Then just as the end of her skirts trailed around the corner, Robb heard her bloodcurdling shriek fill his ears. He ran fast and was the first to reach her. Then it was Jon who grabbed Arya before she could see. Theon nodded at him and the three of them ran to the courtyard to get help.

Robb stayed with Alayne, her eyes were brimming with tears, and she was now huddled into Robb, with his arms around her. They both stood, staring at the spectacle before them. The scene was horrific.

The girl was gagged and hands tied to a low hanging branch, but her feet were still off the ground. Her body had been hacked at using a sword and she'd been shot at several times. The only thing that had been left alone was her face.

One look at it was all Alayne needed to break down completely, Robb had to lift her into his arms to keep her from collapsing in the blood. Robert and Eddard came running with Jon, back to where Robb stood cradling Alayne, dumbfounded.

Straight ahead of him, he saw struggling Arya being handed over to their mother by Theon. She said a few words and Arya stood motionless.

Alayne, whose face was buried in his neck gave a hiccup. Robert took one look at the body and nearly vomited.

"Old friend?" Eddard asked, "Robert who is this?"

"My maid." Aly's voice was muffled and thick, but clear enough. "Ashyra, my bastard sister. I'd had her for 6 years, when I found her on the streets."

Jon winced and took another look at Alayne old friend. The body was badly mutalated, and at parts you could see the bone.

"Robb, if you could take her back to the courtyard..." Robert trailed off, and Robb nodded. Making his way carefully over the tree roots, he carried Alayne into the courtyard, with Jon right behind him incase he tripped.

As they entered, the Lannisters ran down the stairs, before Jaime put his hand on his sisters shoulder. Myrcella and Joffrey walked over to their mother, each holding one of her arms, as if to keep her back.

Shaking them all off, Cersei ran over to her eldest daughter, completely disregarding Joffrey and Myrcella, who looked furious at the act. She ran straight to Robb and clutched onto Alayne's hand.

"Lower her down Robb." Robert and Eddard were behind them, carrying the body in Robert's cloak. Robb set Alayne on her feet, but she immediately crumpled to the ground in a small sobbing heap.

Cersei looked questionningly at Robert, but he only looked at the cloak, which was becoming more bloodstained by the minute. Her eyes widened and she looked around the courtyard in terror.

"Tommen? Tommen!" by now she was screaming, she looked completely demented. But soon they all heard giggles, and Tommen walked into the courtyard along with their uncle the Imp.

Cersei screamed in relief and ran to her youngest son, holding him to her and kissing him all over his face. Alayne looked a little calmer, and Robb went to his knees beside her. She leaned against him and he put one hand around he waist and another on her cheek, pulling her even closer to him.

Arya saw them and ran over, going to Alanye and sitting next to her, leaning into both her and Robb. Alayne by now was only hiccuping, and the occasional tear came out, but Robb's hand against her face was already soaked.

The Imp saw her and waddled over, looking concerned. Cersei was still showering Tommen with affection, and Myrcella and Joffrey had quickly lost interest and sulked off to somewhere else in the castle.

"Are you okay Aly?" The Imp asked concerned. "Who is in the cloak?"

At this she burst into soundless sobs again, and Arya scowled at the Half Man's ignorance. Robb squeezed her a little, and in return she buried her face into his chest. Robert and Eddard called the Imp over, and he went to them as they revieled what was in the cloak to him.

They heard his sharp intake of breath and low whistle. Catelyn, who was near by, let out a cry of horror and went over to were there was a huddle mess of arms, legs and fur. She crouched beside Alayne and looked at Robb.

Her eyes asked 'Any answers?' His only reply was to gerk his head at Robert and she went glidding back to the three men who were deep in conversation.

"Sweetling," a voice above them cooed, and they all looked up to find Cersei standing over them, "Come with me, there is a hot bath and mulled wine with spices wait for you in you chaimbers."

Alayne nodded and attempted to push herself to her feet, but only managed to do so with Robb clutching one arm and her Mother, the other. He let go of her arm, and he and Arya watched as Cersei put an arm around her eldest, and led her away up the stairs.

sneak peek: