Prologue{You, Me & the Moon}

"What is the most mesmerizing thing?" he asked playfully.

"The clear sky" I replied "Be it night or day, it never fails to amuse me."

"You're wrong, it's your smile that pales the sky in comparison." he teased me,like he always did.

"Stop with the teasing for once." I scoffed at him, clearly not meaning it.

"I can't, you're just too cute for your own good." he smirked but his eyes showed sorrow.

"This might be the last time I get to see it, your smile."

"What do you mean?" What exactly did he mean? He was confusing me more than I already was.

As he stared into the clear sky with only the full moon staring back at him. As he looked he looked at me with a mix of emotions in his clear black eyes, that mainly consisted of sorrow I couldn't describe.

"I have a lot I want to say. But I don't think I can anymore."

"Why?" I asked, my curiosity fading as a sad smile overtook his face. Just why!? Why was he showing that expression? Why was he saying all this? Just what did it mean!?

"I thought it would be best if I protected you from the sidelines, as I hid my true emotions","I thought it'd be best for you. I thought it was what I wanted." before I could speak up, he continued.....

"I failed in protecting you, your dreams, your family, and everything that was important to you......"

"But I failed myself the most by saying, I was content with just this."

He walked towards me and cupped my face as e whispered, "I love you. I always have." tears forming on the tip of his eyes. Before I could react, he pulled me in for a kiss. A long passionate one, which I wish never ended but came to an abrupt stop as tears flowed down his eyes.

"Bye princess. I am sorry I can't fulfill our promise. But this time, I will definitely protect you this time."

I cried as he uttered the words, I never thought he would.

"You remembered.", I said, my voice hoarse due to the knot forming in the back of my throat.

"How could I forget.", he smiled genuinely.

Our promise made amongst the flowers.

A secret known to only You, Me and the Moon.

Author's note: This the author Cirif here!

I just published the first few chapters of this story. 

I hope you like it :)