ii: hurricane agatha

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A STORM WAS COMING. outerbanks was soon to be hit by hurricane agatha and to say odette was excited would be an understatement. she loved storms, watching the lightning strike from her broken window as she falls asleep on the windowsill. however, it was not always this way, storms used to be a rough time for the girl whilst she was growing up but she hates to think about it.

so, as she and her friends prepared the chateau for the storm, she couldn't keep the childish smile off her face as she stacked then re-stacked her boxes until they felt right. "someone's happy." commented john b, confused at his friend's out of character happiness as the group were moving sandbags and boxes around.

"i just- storms, yanno?" odette replied, placing a box down to look at everyone, her hands resting on her hips completely unaware of the lost expressions on her friends' faces.

"no. i do not know. i don't think anyone knows" pope replied, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "yeah, you do realise people, like, die from storms, right?" kiara sassed, completely in disbelief.

"well, i like storms. they're my third favourite thing." the other curly-haired girl stated proudly, her chin lifted as she smiled.

jj maybank couldn't help but wonder what the others were, more like who they were, so he asked, "third? what are the others?" earning a look from john b, who knew exactly why he was asking.

"number two is weed, obviously. and number one is a deep, dark secret that i must take to the grave!" she joked, picking up the box she'd once had in her arms and walking quickly into a different room, leaving her friends confused.

once they had finished preparing the building for agatha, pope and kiara headed home, deciding to stay with their parents during the storm. but pope and john b decided to meet up later and surf the storm, which left jj and odette, alone in the chateau.

"hey o?!" jj called from the kitchen, looking in the fridge at whatever food they had.

"yeah?!" she shouted back, looking through her phone to pick a song to listen to.

"do you want a beer? there's only two cans left and i would love to see the look on jb's face if he came back to none." he proposed, closing the door and leaning on it to get a better look at her.

"as much as i would love to see that happen, im not drinking tonight." she responded.

"ugh boring, you're no fun lately." jj pouted, grabbing himself a beer and flopping onto the couch next to her.

"dry january jj, im keeping to my morals."

"it's summer."

"shut up and let me sleep." she sassed, putting an airpod in her ear and passing jj the other, putting on their song, next to you.

the lyrics flooded their ears as odette rested her head on his bare chest, their heartbeats in sync as she drifted off to the lyrics;

and when you get tired of this town,

jj looked down and admired her calm face. it wasn't often she was still.

let me know and we can go somewhere brand new.

he'd spoken to her about running away together, with the pogues of course. but the idea of them alone together was one he'd never forget.

cause when i lay my head to rest, i hope

he loved being her support system as much as she loved being his. he'd help with home life whilst she'd help him with his.

that it's always next to you.

they loved eachother, and nothing was to come between that.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───