iii: jane morgan

TW: anxiety, symptoms of depression, mentions of drugs, criminality and murder.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the next morning jj woke up, an arm wrapped around his torso which belong to odette. he admired her peaceful figure, she was rarely ever still. she stirred and he ran his hand up and down her back, whispering that she should get back to sleep. she drowsily nodded and cuddled back into him as he bit his lip to hide the grin creeping onto his face. she was captivating. he let himself drift back into a sleep too, his arms still wrapped around her, feeling safe in her presence.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

odette woke up an hour later to jj snoring loudly in her ear, she had decided to check up on her mother after the storm. she didn't enjoy being in the house with the woman but at the end of the day, she was her mother.

she walked there, a blunt in her hand; she wasn't gonna do this sober and her stolen airpods in her ears. her mind wandered to all the things that could've happened to her home while she was away, the walls could've caved in, she could've died. you're gonna walk in the room and see her lifeless corpse under a pile of the ceiling and get accused of murder.

her hands started to shake at the thought as she tried her best to calm herself down,

5 things you can see: trees, the road, boats, her hands, the sky.

4 things you can touch: her clothes, the concrete, her blunt, a rock.

3 things you can hear: the cars, the ocean, her music.

2 things you can smell: the salt of the ocean, weed.

1 thing you can taste: weed.

she had brought herself back to reality and swiftly made her way to her front door, she opened it and looked around. a couple vases and picture frames were smashed, the floor was covered in uneaten food, piles of clothes and anything else that had been used in the past week. odette saw her mother's sleeping silhouette on the couch, and she felt her heart break a little seeing the state she'd been left in.

jane morgan was an addict. she was also extremely depressed and it had became odette's job to care for her. her mom wasn't a good person, she knew that, hell, everyone knew it. but she was her mother and she was all odette had left. her father was no better as a person, but odette had always been close with him. he was an amazing father, but he got into a lot of trouble. once his daughter had turned 14 he was arrested and put away for arson, drug abuse, drug trafficking and murder. the thought of it made odette feel nauseous, her father, her best friend, was a murderer and in that moment, while watching her father being dragged away; she grew up.

odette quickly went around the house, picking up and throwing out wrappers, cleaning everything around her to try and fix the situation. once she'd spent an hour cleaning, she noticed a cupboard that had been left open, filled with pills, baggies and needles. this must be her stash. she thought. before she could react, her phone buzzed, jj had texted her.

—————————————————————

jay <3

where r u? you left me all alone with jb 🙄

sorry j, i went to grab some clothes from my  moms.

oh shit. everything okay?

yeah, same as usual. we still on for today?

yeah ofc, we'll be there in 15. kies bringing the essentials;)

well, now i have to come. see u then :)

—————————————————————

a small smile grew on her face at the messages  but it quickly faded as her eyes fell back on her mother and that cupboard. so she made the decision, she was gonna flush all of it. for her mother.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───