CHAPTER 22

✧• 22 •✧

Varun's POV:

I couldn't believe when she said she has been crushing on me for the past few months. I thought she saw me only as her best friend, but guess what? She didn't. I brought up Shreya, because I wanted to see her reaction to getting myself a girlfriend, but it didn't go as I expected.

She said 'yeah it was cool- do what's good for you' and then she was gone. After that night at the slumber party, Sharuk told me everything about how she has been miserable for the past few days.

I didn't want her to think less of me or something, for what I did to her. It really worried me so much-I didn't want to hurt her; I was just trying something else which ended up hurting her.

I told her about the entire thing, from the start till date, and I hoped she would forgive me. The thing is, she never shared any of these things with me. Sharuk and Shanaya knew everything about her when the consent person doesn't. Anyway, she said we were good and then we had so much fun at the party with Zoya and Sidd being locked up in the closet together-which turned out well for them since they were going on a date that week.

"So, who's turn now!?" Shanaya screamed at the top of lungs.

"Zoya and Sid! Zoya and Sid! Zoya ad Sid!"

We started chanting their names, and then they were thrown into the closet.

BHOOM  💥

Sidd had some 'NEWS', when they were back

"Guys, Zoya and I decided to date."

______________________________________________________________________________

I was so happy when I got selected for the Cadet pilot programme in Australia. It has been my dream for years now. I trained and trained and trained to get into the reputed institution, which is now my dream-come-true moment. The practical session was in Australia and just for four months and then I'll go back to India to continue my training and attend the classes from here.

I was also thrilled for Alia as she went to Greece for the trip with her friends. It was her passion to become an archaeologist, which she finally is!!

I'm so happy for her.

I got a text from her as I was getting ready for another day at my facility.

Alia: Good morning Sweets!

Varun: Good morning sunshine. So, how did your day go?

Alia: It was tiring but fun..we explored the nearby places as well and found something cool.

Varun: Oh really? What was it?

Alia: Some kind of coin-it weighed so much, although it was small.

Varun: Like your brain?

Alia: 😐😑

Varun: Just kidding!

Alia: So, are you ready for the day yet?

Varun: Yup, getting ready honey. I have to file a form regarding my transfer of academy and so many works for the day-it's going to be a long one.

Alia: Hope you have an amazing day just like your smile!

Varun: Cya later tonight. Bye.

Alia: Bubye babe.

That was the last text I got from her. It's been more than a day now and I haven't gotten any replies. Maybe she's busy with work.

But I'm happy because I was able to say how I felt. The one thing that you will regret is- 'The thing that you wanted to say, but you chose not to or the time wasn't right and then end up losing that person.'

I have seen so many people regret not saying their feelings or wishes that they wanted so badly. I didn't want that to happen with her.

So, I just went for it-because one moment, someone might be here and the next, you never know. And I was even ready to accept whatever her decision was. I just wanted to let her know how I felt but my luck or let's call it fate- she was crushing on me already for the past few months.

Mahn, I wish I already knew. Maybe then I wouldn't have lost the time I did. But anyway, past is past-I love how the present is. See, that's what I'm talking about-you might regret not saying things earlier when you had the chance to.

On the other side, she told me about the instances when she thought I didn't like her, but honestly it was quite the opposite. She had this habit of replaying something over and over again-let's just say it's both plus and minus. Small things make her happy, and she kept reminiscing about those things; while hurt works the same ways. I just wanted to be there for her when she needs me. Sometimes, I can't but, I'm happy that she has so many friends whom she can trust and make sure she stays happy. I don't know much about her family as she doesn't like to talk about her parents, but one thing I know for sure is that; she loves her brother and grandma.

I still don't understand how things happened, coming to think of it.

We went out together for a week before going on our trip- it was such a beautiful week. We spent time together going to places. Even though Bangalore has been in my state where I lived almost my entire life, it was different with her around.

I was so happy for Shanaya and Ajay as well. I knew little about Shanaya except for things that Alia has shared with me. But she seems like a nice girl. We went on a double date once- to an amusement park. Everyone had good time together.

We texted each other daily to let the other one know about how their day went. Sometimes, I would call her when she's free and she would text later if I'm free in my mornings.  Australia and Greece had a time difference of nine hrs. So it was almost 3/4th of the day- difference we've got in between us.

I have been worried about her for the past two days since I couldn't get her online. I tried calling Sharukh, but the phone was not reachable. Maybe they ran out of batteries or lost their phone. I don't know. I wish she would come back sooner, whatever that is.

°⭒↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↞↠↞↠↞⭒°

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️😅

Here's my Instagram 👇

If you want to check out my quotes page !

Follow me for more updates.

Don't forget to click the button down below 👇

And also- Comment and Follow for more!

Stay safe 💪

Have a wonderful day 🌼