Can't Catch A Break

"Mikey, poke me one more time, I dare you."

Raph was very annoyed with me at this point but I was obviously going to poke him again.

That's the job of the younger brother after all.

Slowly, I poked the top of his head and then he growled.

"That's it!"

Raph grabbed my head and flipped me over the couch, putting me in a chokehold before I could blink.

"Gah, okay okay!"

I flailed my arms trying to get out of his hold, but he didn't budge.

"Promise to leave me alone then?"

I nodded the best I could since his hold got tighter.

After a few seconds of me going braindead from no blood flow, Raph finally let me go, and a dramatic breath of air was taken in by me, earning an eyeroll.

Already bored after a few seconds, I sat down on the floor and leaned against the couch watching whatever Raph was watching.

"Hey guys, are Nick and Claire back yet?"

April came in from the kitchen, and I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't realize Nick left already.

"I haven't even left yet."

Nick came out of the dojo with Leo following her. Guess I was right.

"But it's been almost three hours. I thought the library closed an hour or two ago?" April sounded concerned.

"Should we go get her?" I glanced over at Leo, already excited about the thought of going up top for a while.

"No, let me call her real quick before we freak out now." Nick pulled out her phone and dialed Claire's number.

She held her phone to her hear and while I drummed my fingers on my knee pad, she put her phone back a few seconds later, "It went to voicemail," She sighed rubbing her neck, "I'll go to the school and make sure she's still there, I'll call when we're on our way back. I'm sure she fell asleep or something stupid."

Leo nodded, "Be quick about it."

Nick shrugged her shoulders as she left, "You know me, taking my time and crap."

Leo rolled his eyes while I snickered a little and Nick was gone.

I hope Claire was okay though, she's been through a lot the last week and who knows what's going through her mind.

While we all waited for Nick, I could tell April was getting worried, since she was the one who made friends with Claire first. From what we were told, Nick threatened Claire about her mom and TRCI on the second day of school.

Leo ended up sitting down next to me but he actually sat on the couch, his knee kept bouncing his knee in anticipation the whole time. Donnie ended up coming out after Nick left and April updated him on what was happening.

About ten minutes went by, if that, and Leo's shell phone started going off which he quickly answered.

"Yeah?"

I couldn't hear what Nick was saying on the other end, but it wasn't good when Leo's eyes went wide and he quickly hung up.

"We need to go, Claire wasn't at the school and Nick has no idea where she is."

"What?" April asked with tons of worry in her voice.

Everyone scrambled to grab their things and we were out of the lair in two minutes flat.