Chapter One

Because I don't feel like writing for my other stories at the moment.

Inspired by by @thebookwormfairy​

Shout out to @thebookwormfairy​! Thanks for letting me use your au idea!

And without further ado, Unsolvable With Jason and Marinette!

---

"Gotham? You want me to go to Gotham? In America?"

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was staring at Jagged Stone, who was nodding eagerly.

"Yes! It'll be so much fun, Marinette!"

Marinette was very, very confused. Why did her Uncle Jagged want to take her to Gotham with him?

It was slightly concerning. "Why? I mean, why take me?"

Jagged blinked. Once. Twice. "Well obviously, I'll need my rockin' little designer with me!"

This had not been what Marinette thought would happen when she woke up that Friday morning. Her day had been terrible so far, but then Jagged ambushed her and now it was just confusing.

Her day started like all others, waking up late and rushing to school. She got to school to find all her friends gathered around Lila, as usual.

What they were talking about wasn't quite as usual.

"The picnic was so much fun! We need to have another one soon!" Rose was squealing. Her pink dress fluttered as she spun with excitement.

"I know! I can't believe everyone made it, too!"

Alya was grinning. Grinning like she didn't forget to invite her best friend to a class picnic.

"What picnic?" Marinette was standing frozen in the doorway.

Everyone's heads snapped over to the girl with growing tears.

"Hey, girl. Just a class picnic we had to celebrate Lila's new modeling career."

Marinette blinked. "Why--why wasn't I invited?"

Alya froze. No one would look her in the eye.

"Well, we knew you were busy with the bakery that day..." Alya shifted uncomfortably and trailed off.

Her parents had let her off all weekend.

And it wasn't the first time something like this had happened. Ever since Lila came back to school, Marinette had slowly been isolated from all her friends. She wasn't invited to movies or picnics or lunch anymore. The only time any of her classmates talked to her was to ask for a favor.

Would she watch Alya's siblings while she and Nino went on a date?

Would she make Nino cupcakes for a party?

Would she make Rose a new dress?

Would she design new costumes for Kitty Section?

Would she make another banner for Kim's race?

And when she said no, they yelled. They screamed. They called her names and told her she was selfish.

Marinette had made them pasties and treats for that picnic. Alya said it was for her mother's work thing.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

Marinette chanted the words in her head as the tears gathered.

"Oh, uh...alright."

And that was that.

"Uncle Jagged! I can't just skip school!"

"That's the thing! Penny's taken care of it! You'll be going to Gotham Academy"

Marinette looked to her parents, her mom was smiling encouragingly at her, her dad didn't look so sure.

"We think you should go, Honey." Sabine said, smiling. "It would be a great opportunity!"

Marinette stared incredulously at her apparently insane parents.

Penny, who up until then had been silent, "Marinette." She said gently. "Your designs are famous worldwide. Jagged's never been more popular. And not only would you be taking a leap in the fashion industry, but you would get to travel to another country and learn about fashion there."

Jagged was grinning and nodding vigorously.

"I--" Everyone looked to Tom. "I'm not so sure, could we discuss this in private?"

Jagged looked ready to argue, but Penny grabbed him and dragged him out of the Dupain-Cheng's kitchen.

"Mama? I...I think I want to go."

"Are you sure, Honey? This is a big step and we don't want to pressure you." Sabine looked nervous.

"Not to mention you would be all alone in a big city. What about your friends?" Tom added.

Marinette bit her lip. "I'll miss them," At least the old them. "But this is an amazing opportunity. Besides, I won't be alone, Jagged and Penny will be there with me."

Jagged was so excited...Marinette couldn't say no. And maybe being away from Paris would be better for Marinette.

Being away from her classmates.

Away from Alya, who pushed her aside the second something new and shiner came.

Away from Adrien, who refused to stand up for her against the girl he knew was lying.

Away from her class, who only ever thought of her as an employee.

So she would go to Gotham.

And before she knew it, she was there.

Gotham City.

Home to Batman, various Robins, and the Joker.

Marinette was ready to kick ass.