Chapter Fourty-Three

Dagobah - Dagobah system
1900 Dagobah Time
3ABY

Leia was actually really proud of herself for not crying while flying on the Falcon again without Han.

After committing to coming to Dagobah with Luke and her parents Leia had managed to convince Lando to use a different ship which he had agreed to so long as he was allowed to tell Chewie about Leia's pregnancy. Leia didn't particularly like this as it meant that Chewie would undoubtedly become overprotective of her when she left for Tatooine to find Han but his strong sense of smell would have made him realise anyway and it was a problem she could deal with later.

Her mother was helping Luke in the cockpit flying the ship while her father sat with her in the main hold sometimes engaging in small talk but for the most part sat together in silence.

Leia wasn't necessarily mad at her parents anymore, she understood that the position they were in were difficult and at the end of the day they were just trying their best to protect her and the rest of the galaxy, but she was still struggling to come to terms with well . . . everything.

Once they landed on Dagobah Breha and Luke joined them in the main hold as they walked down the ramp together.

As Leia walked down the ramp she was greeted by the sight of a swamp surrounded by mist and there appeared to be some kind of light in the distance. The planet was a far cry from the beautiful planet of Alderaan that Leia had grown up on and yet-

"Something about this place," she said to Luke, "it feels kind of . . ."

"Familiar," Luke finished for her with a slight smile, "yeah I felt the same way when I first landed."

"Returned at last have you!" a voice cried out.

Leia looked down to see a small green . . . well Leia didn't really know what species they were. They were dressed in brown robes and seemed to be relying on some kind of cane in order to walk properly.

Luke actually blushed. He knew he was in for one of Yoda's lectures.

"Well-"

"Did. Not. Listen. Did you?" Yoda emphasised his point by stamping his cane.

"Master Yoda I had no choice!" Luke yelled.

Ahh so this is Yoda, Leia mused. She remembered her father mentioning him once or twice but Leia hadn't pictured him being so . . . small and green but Leia supposed it was her own fault for making such assumptions.

"The Empire-"

"Matters not does it," Yoda cut off what he assumed would be a rather long rant from Luke. He turned towards the Organa's.

"Viceroy" - he gave Bail a bow before turning towards Breha - "Your Majesty" - he gave Breha a similar bow before finally turning and bowing to Leia though there seemed to be something different in his eyes - "Your Highness."

"Your Highnessness."

Leia banished the sound of Han's voice from her head. She leaned down and presented her hand to Yoda.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Master Yoda," she said respectfully using her formal voice.

Yoda took her hand and shook it then he sent an almost cheeky smile towards Luke.

"Why not as polite as your sister are you?"

Luke sent Yoda a glare and glared at Leia when she dared to laugh at him.

"She's a princess! I'm a farmer!" he exclaimed.

"A future Jedi are you," Yoda corrected.

"I'm much more polite than Leia," Luke said not believing that he was being called the rude one, he then snorted. "You just haven't seen her without her morning kaf yet."